• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

James Johnson?

VOTSdeac

Reaction score
Does anyone know why James Johnson hasn't been playing for the last several weeks with the Kings? The box scores always say, "DNP personal reasons".

He was not even with the two team for several weeks. Don't know if it was family or rehab or what. Kings have done a pretty good job of protecting him whatever it is.

If he majored in the NBA I hope he minored in something useful.

I have to say that I was wrong about JJohnson - I thought his game and his athleticism were made for the NBA and that he would be a really good pro. Is he just too dumb and un-motivated? Is he a tweener? Or is it really just a dirth of talent?

I thought he'd be a useful journeyman. Seems like that's what he was until this season, a contract year.

I'm curious what Irish thinks.

James Johnson rumors ....out of shape, unmotivated, questionable decision making....I am shocked. Hope this guy is saving his money.

He probably reclines his seat on plane flights too. Jackass.

I have nothing to add other than to (once again) post the following picture for your collective viewing pleasure:

nba_g_johnson_gb2_640.jpg

He started most of last season and played pretty well. His outside shooting holds him back from being a great or even above average SF. Gets really nice defensive numbers from his position but is known for being foul prone as a result. I think Sacramento was a terrible place for him as they already had too many wings. I never understood why they traded for him. Plus, hanging out with Tyreke Evans and Damarcus Cousins will not bring out your A attitude.
It's funny to read that Sacramento message board. I think they missed the boat on why he did it. My guess is a joke for his teammates.

He started most of last season and played pretty well. His outside shooting holds him back from being a great or even above average SF. Gets really nice defensive numbers from his position but is known for being foul prone as a result. I think Sacramento was a terrible place for him as they already had too many wings. I never understood why they traded for him. Plus, hanging out with Tyreke Evans and Damarcus Cousins will not bring out your A attitude.
It's funny to read that Sacramento message board. I think they missed the boat on why he did it. My guess is a joke for his teammates.

From those posts you would think he stabbed a teammate. A little bit of overkill.

He got into great shape a year ago and had a solid year, especially on defense where he was pretty awesome. But he got out of shape again this year.

James Johnson rumors ....out of shape, unmotivated, questionable decision making....I am shocked. Hope this guy is saving his money.

Tattoos,not putting socks on correctly, not tying his shoes correctly, something is amiss.

He was away from the team for two weeks in March. The Sonics hat thing is afterwards.

He got good minutes in the first half of the year and John Salmons was buried on the bench. They've flipped roles. He was in very good shape at the beginning of the year and considered Sacramento's best defender (not saying much), so I would be surprised if he's put on a significant amount of body fat during the season.

As Doggus said, his problem has been shooting. He hit a game winning 3 at the buzzer earlier in the season and his teammates gave him a good natured hard time because they consider him the worst shooter on the team by far.

Salmons got some run about 40 games ago and hit like 9 3s and has kept those minutes since. He's the only guy who consistently gets assists for the Kings as well, so that is another reason he has continued to play despite hot / cold shooting. They were bringing JJ in for defensive stops during the ends of quarters and halves, but then he went AWOL in March, though it appeared to be team approved and hasn't played but 3 minutes since.

Back