• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Newsome to wear wake helmet in Senior bowl

Not sure why Kelly Bryant took and takes so much heat. He was one of many good college QBs who didn’t make the NFL. He left before he was going to get benched by a more talented player.

Bryant takes heat because it played out mid-season, not during the offseason

Would you want to build your team around Jalen Hurts ? To me, that is an NFL quarterback. Let's say, generously, there are 15-20 of those guys in the league. I don't think Hurts is one of those guys. I don't even think I'd trade Bridgewater, with his current contract, for Hurts with his rookie contract.

Yes you would

or at least you should

Would you want to build your team around Jalen Hurts ? To me, that is an NFL quarterback. Let's say, generously, there are 15-20 of those guys in the league. I don't think Hurts is one of those guys. I don't even think I'd trade Bridgewater, with his current contract, for Hurts with his rookie contract.

Lol. Solid work moving those goalposts!

Yes. He was drafted in the second round by the Eagles and threw for over 1000 yards his rookie season.

This seems pretty irrefutable.

Not sure if this has been posted, but ESPN has Sage as of the biggest fallers from the senior bowl:

“While it's not necessarily surprising that Surratt struggled to gain separation, given what we saw from him on tape in 2019, it still did Surratt no favors to have it on display so evidently during the week. He's simply not fast. Cornerbacks were in his hip pocket all day when the 6-3 Surratt tried to get vertical. Any team drafting Surratt will have to accept those limitations and because of that likely won't take a chance in the first two rounds.”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/...1-nfl-draft-risers-fallers-practices-workouts

This seems pretty irrefutable.

Jimmy Clausen was drafted in the second round and threw for 1500 yards his rookie year, and I don’t think of him as ever being an ‘NFL quarterback’ except in the broadest, most basic definition.

I don’t have a dog in the fight but maybe that’s Biff’s point. That being said, I think Jalen Hurts seems set up for a good career.

PFF currently has Boogie going 29th overall and Sage going 70th overall. Thought Sage might sneak into the 2nd round, but looks like he will end up early 3rd. Maybe a big time performance in the game today will improve his stock some. I know being a “gamer” is kind of a dumb idea, but I have to think he’s a much better and more physical receiver in game scenarios rather than in 1 on 1s during a camp/practice scene.

https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board

Not sure if this has been posted, but ESPN has Sage as of the biggest fallers from the senior bowl:

“While it's not necessarily surprising that Surratt struggled to gain separation, given what we saw from him on tape in 2019, it still did Surratt no favors to have it on display so evidently during the week. He's simply not fast. Cornerbacks were in his hip pocket all day when the 6-3 Surratt tried to get vertical. Any team drafting Surratt will have to accept those limitations and because of that likely won't take a chance in the first two rounds.”

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/...1-nfl-draft-risers-fallers-practices-workouts

Ouch

Yes. It's only on the NFL Network.

You're not watching the basketball game vs. Miami on ACCN?

Yes. It's only on the NFL Network.

You're not watching the basketball game vs. Miami on ACCN?

Yes. Was planning to watch both until hoops is over. Looks like it’s only hoops for now.

Mac Jones out. Mond starting. Newman is the only other QB for the American team (coached by Rhule).

Yes. Was planning to watch both until hoops is over. Looks like it’s only hoops for now.

Plan B. Basketball and Golf. Haas and Zalatoris at Torrey Pines. On now.

Is boogie not starting? Sage?

Don't think so. Newman is #7 for American. Boogie is on American and Sage is on National. Haven't seen any of them on the field yet.

The roster online doesn't have any numbers on it.

Newman in now. He started the 2nd quarter. Will probably get two possessions.

Three runs. RB couldn’t get 3rd and 1. Newman mishandles a bad snap and couldn’t get 4th and 1.

Back