• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jared Weaver = nasty

DunkinDeacon

Blame Tuesdays
Reaction score
I watched Weaver mow down the A's last night. Assuming his arm holds up this year, that dude is looking virtually unhittable right now. He is moving his off-speed pitches around the zone with precision. Dude is sick.

Reminds me of the start Jimenez had last season - hope he keeps it up.

Is his contract up after the season?

The Phillies will have about $27M to spread around from their savings of the expring contracts of Ibanez, Lidge and Blanton.

Not a FA after this year. Don't think the Angels are the type of franchise to let him walk. Also, Blanton has another year on his deal and quite a few Phillies are due for raises.

Dude is filthy! Halos won arbitration with him for this season could be a factor in resigning him after next year

He's great, but not really any better than he was last season.

Brett Anderson and his MONTE GB rate is better.

I believe he has been consistently awesome since his friend and teammate was killed last year, if I am not mistaken.

Back