• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jason Isbell versus Dierks Bentley

RaleighDeacon

Reaction score
Normally I don't bother with these claims of plagarism amongst songwriters, but I happen to be a big fan of Jason Isbell. As such, I follow him on Twitter and saw his tweets about his accusation that Dierks Bentleys' new song "Home" is a rip off of Isbell's song "In a Razor Town."

I went and listened and I can't believe that this won't have legs if Isbell really wants it to. He should at least be able to muscle his way into a songwriting credit on Bentley's latest hit.

Check out the story here, where you can find videos of both songs, take a listen if you're so inclined and see what you think.

I can't believe the similarities in the songs, and the chorus sounds like the same song with different lyrics.

They definitely sound similar. The Isbell song is much better.

pretty much a straight ripoff of the vocal melody. Doubt it's a coincidence.

You have succeeded in converting me to hate that song. I love Dierks, but I change the station each time it comes up.

Isbell is a huge braves fan.

Back