• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jay Bilas, "Wake's Path back to the top"

It's a lot easier to snag a few HBO shows off torrent feeds or via Netflix than it is to hack into an Insider account and read an article.

ESPN The Mag + Insider is also considerably cheaper than HBO.

One of the big things is I am overwhelmingly left-handed. You'll notice I make a lot of the same mistakes.

Love ya, RJ, but don't blame it on left handedness. Being left handed affects my typing even less than it does playing video games.

This thread reminded me that I have Insider from my free ESPN Magazine subscription. Score!

I'm kinda surprised that multiple people think that fewer people on these boards have HBO than have ESPN Insider.

I'd put an honest poll of people on these boards at 2-1 for HBO or better. I wouldn't be stunned if that number was 5-1.

No one took issue with that, because that's not what you said. You said "MOST people have HBO."

Wait did the same mods who started this board to fight censorship just censor this thread?

really?

Wait did the same mods who started this board to fight censorship just censor this thread?

really?

People can say what they want. That was a premium article that is copyrighted.

I wouldn't call that censorship myself.

One of the big things is I am overwhelmingly left-handed. You'll notice I make a lot of the same mistakes.

Also I was OLD when the internet really hit in the mid-90s and had assistants/secretaries doing my typing until then.

And overwhelmingly left wing so wrong there also.

People can say what they want. That was a premium article that is copyrighted.

I wouldn't call that censorship myself.

non-premium articles are copyrighted too.

if you receive a cease and desist request from ESPN I'd understand

**** ESPN they make enough money already.

We've gotten complaints about having private articles posted here already in our short existence. We don't need some stupid legal issue causing problems for the site.

Someone can summarize/bullet point the article if they'd like. It's nothing we don't already know.

Intro:
Wake went 6 - 4 with those 6 wins coming against (list of 6 teams). Then things got really bad. Wake won 2 games and lost 20 the rest of the season and only won one game on the road and only one in conference. So where did these problems come from?

1. Youth and Inexperience
Wake's youth and inexperience was different than Kentucky's because (1) not every school can corral lottery picks year after year and (2) even Kentucky had a few upperclassmen to set an example, be leaders, or just had experience playing in Calipari's system.

2. Defense
Lack of communication, sustained intensity, and rotation made Wake's defense the worst in the ACC and in the bottom third of the nation. Being tougher mentally and physically will help these problems.

3. Offense
Lack of consistent offensive firepower put too much pressure on the defense and vice versa. "It's difficult to get easy baskets when you are constantly taking the ball out of the net." In the half-court, Wake took too many bad or contested shots. Experience will help.

Reason to watch again next year: Travis, JT, CJ, and Carson, plus the incoming three freshmen add depth.

This is a summarized version of the article. Copyright that Dukie writer from ESPN. I take no credit for his vague and barely informative article.

We've gotten complaints about having private articles posted here already in our short existence. We don't need some stupid legal issue causing problems for the site.

Someone can summarize/bullet point the article if they'd like. It's nothing we don't already know.

Brendan's the guy who watched the BCS Championship game on his laptop and called on us to join in his ESPN boycott. He's not worth taking seriously.

Brendan's the guy who watched the BCS Championship game on his laptop and called on us to join in his ESPN boycott. He's not worth taking seriously.

Please do not copy whole articles, especially subscriber content, from another site.

--Chrispy

EVERY article on a major site is copyrighted.

If you copy anything from ESPN or Yahoo, or any part of any article, it has been copyrighted.

We all know there are certain posters from the forgotten land who actually have nothing better to do than to notify espn whenever this site breaks a copyright. Deleting copied articles is not censorship.

That being said, there's no way they will ever successfully sue a site for embedding a youtube video that had copyrighted content in it. That's just a fear-mongering article meant to stir up some outrage over moronic legislation.

We all know there are certain posters from the forgotten land who actually have nothing better to do than to notify espn whenever this site breaks a copyright. Deleting copied articles is not censorship.

That being said, there's no way they will ever successfully sue a site for embedding a youtube video that had copyrighted content in it. That's just a fear-mongering article meant to stir up some outrage over moronic legislation.

a felony requires police action - not a civil action where someone decides whether or not to sue. if the law makes it a felony with a minimum sentence that will be the end of that.

Right back to the top of the mountain with coach BUZZ!

pile-of-shit-sand-castle.jpg

Back