• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff Battle and Providence?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember BabyDeac being pretty reliable with some sort of inside connection in the past. Or am I misremembering? He/she posts pretty infrequently.

Yeah nobody really seems to know who (s)he is but the information is spot on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember BabyDeac being pretty reliable with some sort of inside connection in the past. Or am I misremembering? He/she posts pretty infrequently.

I believe you're correct. Babydeac def has some insider cred.

The BabyDeac post indicates that Battle is unhappy and that Bz is threatened by his presence if I got his Macbeth reference.

He is referring to "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" from Hamlet.

The phrase means that when one insists so passionately about something not being true that the opposite of what one is saying is actually the truth.

The BabyDeac post indicates that Battle is unhappy and that Bz is threatened by his presence if I got his Macbeth reference.

But did s/he mean Hamlet? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Either that or Battle is going to come back with an Army and slay Bzzz? :D

Y'all don't know who Babydeac is? He knows what's up.

Y'all don't know who Babydeac is? He knows what's up.

Do you?

I have a potential thought on who he/she is (and if correct he/she definitely knows what he/she is talking about).

Babydeac is the only good thing left about DS.

But did s/he mean Hamlet? "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." Either that or Battle is going to come back with an Army and slay Bzzz? :D

Could be my Macbeth is a little rusty.:)

The PC people think he is def in according to a major booster that I work with. No info beyond that.

Everyone on staff was unhappy last season.

Losing a bazillion games will do that...

Battle has a different style and philosophy than Bz...that doesn't mean they hate each other.

The reason Battle came to Wake Forest is gone as are all of the people who came in with him. He's still here because of Jordan and if it weren't for that HUGE reason, Battle could have/would have left after every season since Skip passed.

It is what it is...nothing bad about it. The timing just makes it into something it's not.

Good Luck to Jeff, no matter what he decides. He's a cool dude, I would hate to see him go.

No matter what you think of the situation, I don't see how anybody can blame him for leaving. Judging from the posts here and even elsewhere, I think most agree with that sentiment.

A note about BabyDeac, if you know who he is, keep it to yourself. I think we've seen from what's happened over on DS and the early success of this site that insiders work best if they're anonymous.

At this point I'd be very surprised if Coach Battle stays.

Sucks to hear. Coach Battle has given a lot to this program since coming aboard with Skip. Huge blow to the staff and WF, if true.

Really hope he stays, but if he chooses to leave, I'm sure we'd all wish him nothing but the best. Never heard anyone associated with the Wake family utter a negative symbol about him.

I just can't see him staying but any reason but his son. The thing is once his son graduates (unless he went to Wake), Battle wouldn't feel the need to stay in W-S. So if he stays this year, what does he do next year? Sort of like Skip would say, it's better to leave a year early since who knows what will happen in the future.

DC journal update. Much of the same except for this one quote:

"That's the whole connection,'' Battle said. "It's funny. When he got the job at Providence, everybody was calling. You know the coaching fraternity knows my relationship with him. So everybody was like, 'Oh man, J.B. is gone. He's going to go with Ed to Providence. I tell you that's what's going to happen. It's a fit.' And then (the offer) came to fruition, and I was like, 'Here we go.' "

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2011/apr/09/wssport01-deacs-battle-mulls-over-offer-from-provi-ar-932899/

Battle has given a lot to Wake Forest. I don't think anyone would begrudge him the opportunity to move on if he wishes to do so. He's had a lot of ups and downs in Winston-Salem. Best wishes to him no matter what he decides to do.

uncool. that is not me. who are you?

I work for the government. Some really, really long hours this past week. That really was uncool - my bad. Seriously, not sure where that shit came from. Need vacation...from internet.

Last edited:
Maybe he means, "here we go", as in here comes the offer, we've got a lot to think about.

I'm hopeful he decides to stay, but will root for Providence if he goes. There aren't many positive vibes.

Back