• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff Goodman's Christmas Gift for Wake Fans

We've been rightly concerned about this trainwreck for at least two years, maybe three. It's funny how long it took for the rest of the world to recognize what a mess we have.

17 PERCENT

Jeff [Redacted], Wake Forest -- The natives are restless. Athletic director Ron Wellman hired him to replace Dino Gaudio and [Redacted] has had plenty of issues. The Demon Deacons are 5-5 overall and the wins are lackluster: Radford, Mercer, William & Mary, High Point and Furman. Year 3 of the [Redacted] regime could be the final one, but Wellman is his guy and that could result in one more year in Winston-Salem. Wellman may also be forced to make a move to save his own tail.

meetthenatives460.jpg

Its interesting that he lumped Wellman in with Bzzz. Usually Wellman's reputation is kept clean in these mainstream articles.

PS. Terrible thread title - how about... CBS Sports - "The Ron Wellman/Jeff [Redacted] Era just isn't working"

Do you think that English is this guy's first language? What a hack!

Trying to read this made my brain hurt.

I read it that those are percentage guesses for a coach to get axed before season's end

Goodman is a good guy to have in our corner. Between him and Seth Davis, I think the word should be echoing throughout our AD by now.

Definitely good for the cause. I'd love to see a piece in a high profile non-sports or perhaps business blog or publication to hammer the point home for the BOT and bluehairs.

Definitely good for the cause. I'd love to see a piece in a high profile non-sports or perhaps business blog or publication to hammer the point home for the BOT and bluehairs.

If it is any consolation, the one BOT member I know, wants him gone. They are not all in the dark.

Perhaps you'd know the answer to this, but is there any crossover between mainstream press and sports economists? I've heard of a few of them, but I've never seen their work in the NYT or WSJ...

Even though this is good exposure, I'm with Bluefish. Goodman is a total hack and a shitty writer to boot.

Wasn't Goodman the first to break the hire in the first place?

Even though this is good exposure, I'm with Bluefish. Goodman is a total hack and a shitty writer to boot.

In what universe is Goodman a hack? Dude's been in the game a long time and unlike a lot of these internet-only guys, actually knows a thing or two about basketball...

Goodman acts like he and he alone is the center of the universe. His writing is pretty bad if you read it on a regular basis, and his banter back and forth with guys who have statistical analysis is just stupid (mainly KenPom). I'm one of the first people to criticize KenPom for being a nerd who doesn't get the feel of the actual basketball game (for those people on the boards who actually know me...I do spend a lot of time on here talking about KenPom because a lot of people on here either don't get stats or just want to trust their own eye test for everything in the world), but the constant derision and abuse that Goodman gives KenPom is just too much.

Goodman acts like he and he alone is the center of the universe. His writing is pretty bad if you read it on a regular basis, and his banter back and forth with guys who have statistical analysis is just stupid (mainly KenPom). I'm one of the first people to criticize KenPom for being a nerd who doesn't get the feel of the actual basketball game (for those people on the boards who actually know me...I do spend a lot of time on here talking about KenPom because a lot of people on here either don't get stats or just want to trust their own eye test for everything in the world), but the constant derision and abuse that Goodman gives KenPom is just too much.

I actually think Goodman and Pomeroy are tight. Norlander is a big-time KenPom fan and he manages the CBS basketball blog.

Yeah I think they're probably pretty good friends just given the fraternity, I just think a lot of what goes on is tongue-in-cheek but at the same time veiled shots at what KenPom does. KenPom's an ass too though.

Maybe he's not a hack as much as I just think he's an asshole who has way too high of an opinion of himself.

Back