• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted] Appreciation Thread

The word from campus is that the present team are better representatives of the true student athlete that Hatch and Wellman want. The administration wants good representatives of the university when in the public eye. Winning now comes second. Notre Dame and Stanford have decent but not great basketball teams that project that type of image. Money coming from TV and ACC is adequate. Building a good competitive ACC with this type of player will come in time.

Stanford and Notre Dame also have football programs that have both recently kicked the shit out of us.

If we're trying to emulate them in basketball (and I sure hope to God we aren't given our much stronger tradition) then we shouldn't be settling for a culture of complacency in our football program. I wasn't there for our Orange Bowl performance, but I bet the first words out of Jim Grobe's mouth after the game weren't, "We can do better."

I know I may stand alone on this but I like the present coaching staff. They are good people and that is enough for me.

I know I may stand alone on this but I like the present coaching staff. They are good people and that is enough for me.
How do you know [Redacted] is good people? And when has just being 'good people' qualify someone to be the head coach of an ACC basketball program?

Was looking on Ebay and found this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeff-[Redacted]-Collectors-Card-/181062872352?

lol....those are the cards they were handing out for free at the game Saturday. I took it not knowing what it was and crumbled it up upon seeing his face on it.

Good people might not be good at something. Saying our program can do better doesn't mean the coaches are bad people. In fact, being able to attain such a great job as coaching basketball at Wake while not being very good at it would indicate they are where they are because people like them (ie good people). This world is not a merit system. My hot head and inability to let things I see go has kept me from opportunities that I could help people. I am bad people so I don't have cushy job.

What the fuck does this even mean. It is like when someone goes and commits a murder/suicide or some other horrible thing and there are always quotes in the paper, I can't believe he would do this he was a good person, a god fearing man, church goer because those people never do negative things and never suck at anything they do.

sam-jackson-django-unchained-scowl.jpg

Good people might not be good at something. Saying our program can do better doesn't mean the coaches are bad people. In fact, being able to attain such a great job as coaching basketball at Wake while not being very good at it would indicate they are where they are because people like them (ie good people). This world is not a merit system. My hot head and inability to let things I see go has kept me from opportunities that I could help people. I am bad people so I don't have cushy job.

[SamuelLJacksonDeac] English mutherfucker, do you speak it? [\SamuelLJacksonDeac]

Damn, I've seen The Wire at least twice all the way through, and I don't remember that scene. Which season is that from?
Season 2 - when they're investigating the dead prostitutes in one of the containers on the docks.

Lester Motherfuckin' Freamon FTW

Hell, I'm a good guy...I'll take the job for 1/2 the pay and will very likely have more success.

Damn, I've seen The Wire at least twice all the way through, and I don't remember that scene. Which season is that from?

Season 2 - when they're investigating the dead prostitutes in one of the containers on the docks.

Lester Motherfuckin' Freamon FTW

They're in Philly holding the ship in port and interviewing all the workers on the container ship.

Stanford and Notre Dame also have football programs that have both recently kicked the shit out of us.

If we're trying to emulate them in basketball (and I sure hope to God we aren't given our much stronger tradition) then we shouldn't be settling for a culture of complacency in our football program. I wasn't there for our Orange Bowl performance, but I bet the first words out of Jim Grobe's mouth after the game weren't, "We can do better."

Then we should be going after the best crackers

Was looking on Ebay and found this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeff-[Redacted]-Collectors-Card-/181062872352?

Good find, but precisely what were you looking for that the search turned up that?

Just curious.

Does anyone have the zins to look under this nutcases's floor boards?

Back