• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeopardy Tournament of Champions

mmedeac

Reaction score
Last night was one for the books. Roger Craig hit two Daily Doubles and risked it all both times ($9,000 and $18,000) to propel him to $36,000. His total for the day was $50,000, but he had set an earlier daily record at $77,000. He left two excellent competitors in the dust. The final round is tonight. No chance anyone can top him.

Any other posters have Jeopardy aspirations? I'd do better at this than American Idol or Dancing with the Stars....

Last edited:
I had been watching most of the TOC pretty pissed I forgot to dvr last night.

What categories are your strong suits?
Mine= Language
History
Quotations
Medicine

I was part of a county championship Quiz Bowl team in high school. Basically the same thing.

I made it to the final cut of Teen Jeopardy, but then I couldn't figure out the clicker. That's half the ball game right there, the timing is key.

My strengths are history, geography, grammar, literature. Those categories were not included in my episode. :(

I'd like to give So You Want To Be A Millionaire a whirl next.

Last night was one for the books. Roger Craig hit two Daily Doubles and risked it all both times ($9,000 and $18,000) to propel him to $36,000. His total for the day was $50,000, but he had set an earlier daily record at $77,000. He left two excellent competitors in the dust. The final round is tonight. No chance anyone can top him.

What makes this more impressive is that he hit the two daily doubles back-to-back, and early in the round.

Ever since watching Watson I have noticed that there are a few choice spots on the boards that seem to have the daily double way more frequently.

My strengths are history, geography, grammar, literature. Those categories were not included in my episode. :(

I'd like to give So You Want To Be A Millionaire a whirl next.

I've noted that Scrabble is not listed among these. :D

he put his competitors in a srs hole after the 1st daily double.

takes a pair to bet it all on the 2nd one.

Honestly, I would bet it all on it every time, unless I really had zero knowledge of the category.

Slightly off topic but I destroy Wheel of Fortune on a nightly basis. I understand its one thing to play while watching TV, and another when you are in a live studio audience. But seriously, I love playing CryptoQuotes, and that's all WOF is....

Has anyone ever auditioned for WOF? It appears that the only way you can get picked for an audition is through blind luck online. I wonder if they have age/profession/income requirements though.

Slightly off topic but I destroy Wheel of Fortune on a nightly basis. I understand its one thing to play while watching TV, and another when you are in a live studio audience. But seriously, I love playing CryptoQuotes, and that's all WOF is....

Has anyone ever auditioned for WOF? It appears that the only way you can get picked for an audition is through blind luck online. I wonder if they have age/profession/income requirements though.

My mom and brother auditioned together and went through a bunch of rounds, allegedly being cut in the final or near-final round. I have no idea about the requirements, but they made it sound like the ability to pay attention and to be charming were the most important qualities they were looking for.

i went to the audition in fayetteville a couple years back. they had a raffle to get a chance to compete and basically said they didn't care so much how well you did on the board but instead how entertaining you'd be on tv. you had all these ladies up there showing their ass and i'm sure one or more of them got on the show.

Made it through the testing for Who Wants to be a Millionaire a few years ago, but I never got the call. It was actually a double testing day, so I took the regular one (which I passed easily) and one for an all motion picture version. I've seen my fair share of classics, but that test was really tough. Only one person in my group passed both tests.

Back