• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jerry McManus

he looks much older than he did when he was at Wake..........of course, that was a few years ago.

Actually, in that picture, Jerry looks a lot like he did when he was at Wake.

I know what you're saying. He looked like he was in his mid 30's back then............when we looked like kids

I was a student trainer at Wake back in the early 90's. Coach McManus was always one of my favorites. When my job after college took me to work with the ECU football team, again, Coach McManus was one of the best to work with. I always wondered what happened to him. Thanks for the update.

From that bio:
A native of Dania, Fla., McManus received his bachelor’s degree in communications from Wake Forest in 1978. As a player he threw for over 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns, including two (three TDs total) in a 1975 upset of nationally-ranked N.C. State.

I was at that 1975 game in Raleigh, the winning TD was off a fake FG try. Total surprise, great win, my NCSU friend couldn't believe it.

Where did time go? I remember spending many a Saturday cheering for him.

Back