• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jesse Jr.: Congress is in Rebellion

RaleighDevil

Reaction score
Video Included

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/12/j...cy-add-jobs-with-extra-constitutional-action/

Illinois Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. told The Daily Caller on Wednesday that congressional opposition to the American Jobs Act is akin to the Confederate “states in rebellion.”

Jackson called for full government employment of the 15 million unemployed and said that Obama should “declare a national emergency” and take “extra-constitutional” action “administratively” — without the approval of Congress — to tackle unemployment.

“I hope the president continues to exercise extraordinary constitutional means, based on the history of Congresses that have been in rebellion in the past,” Jackson said. “He’s looking administratively for ways to advance the causes of the American people, because this Congress is completely dysfunctional.”

“President Obama tends to idealize — and rightfully so — Abraham Lincoln, who looked at states in rebellion and he made a judgment that the government of the United States, while the states are in rebellion, still had an obligation to function,” Jackson told TheDC at his Capitol Hill office on Wednesday.

“On several occasions now, we’ve seen … the Congress is in rebellion, determined, as Abraham Lincoln said, to wreck or ruin at all costs. I believe … in the direct hiring of 15 million unemployed Americans at $40,000 a head, some more than $40,000, some less than $40,000 — that’s a $600 billion stimulus. It could be a five-year program. For another $104 billion, we bailout all of the states … for another $100 billion, we bailout all of the cities,” he said.

“On several occasions now, we’ve seen … the Congress is in rebellion, determined, as Abraham Lincoln said, to wreck or ruin at all costs. I believe … in the direct hiring of 15 million unemployed Americans at $40,000 a head, some more than $40,000, some less than $40,000 — that’s a $600 billion stimulus. It could be a five-year program. For another $104 billion, we bailout all of the states … for another $100 billion, we bailout all of the cities,” he said.

Proving that Jesse Jr. has never "hired" anyone in his life. A 40,000 salary costs a hell of a lot more than $40,000.

I love how a sitting Congressman advocates the executive branch usurping power from the legislative branch.

Fucking clown.

Invoking the Civil War and Lincoln is a nice subtle (or not so subtle) little race card play as well. Way to be Jesse.

I love how a sitting Congressman advocates the executive branch usurping power from the legislative branch.

Fucking clown.

The Supreme Court has usurped the power of Congress and previous Supreme Couts in CU.....

The Supreme Court has usurped the power of Congress and previous Supreme Couts in CU.....

While that has nothing to do with the issue we are discussing, I happen to agree with you that CU has altered the landscape of national politics in a very negative way. Now that we've gotten past that little moral equivalency card you tried to play, how about addressing the topic of THIS thread. Do you, or do you not support what Rep Jackson said?

Blah, blah, blah... corporations don't have a voice but their unions do.

Tiresome.

JJ Jr. is some piece of work.

Give the man a tamborine.

While that has nothing to do with the issue we are discussing, I happen to agree with you that CU has altered the landscape of national politics in a very negative way. Now that we've gotten past that little moral equivalency card you tried to play, how about addressing the topic of THIS thread. Do you, or do you not support what Rep Jackson said?

stop wasting your time. you racist

Back