• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe

DistrictDeacon

Reaction score
I hope he's enjoying the millions he stole from WFU.

I can't believe so many of you stood by him until the end. He mailed it in for years and left Wake in a pitiful position

Pretty much everybody was ready for him to go. 2 years before that we were moments from the ACC championship game.

Pretty much everybody was ready for him to go. 2 years before that we were moments from the ACC championship game.

You mean the season we finished 1-5?

Since 2008, we had two good stretches at the beginning of 2009 and 2011 and were abysmal beyond that.

and were abysmal the 50 years before that

let outliers be outliers and learn to enjoy field hockey

You mean the season we finished 1-5?

Since 2008, we had two good stretches at the beginning of 2009 and 2011 and were abysmal beyond that.

And Grobe was on the hot seat a year later, but it did buy him another year.

When will we realize we're in ACC/ Div1 and hire an SEC or Big 10 assistant vs a freakin MEAC head?!

He should have left sooner but what was the year when we were a missed field goal from an ACC championship game and a possible return to the Orange Bowl?

I'm really glad we have Clawson. We're going to recruit better and game plan better. Being a Wake fan is better than being a State or Carolina fan by a long shot.

He should have left sooner but what was the year when we were a missed field goal from an ACC championship game and a possible return to the Orange Bowl?

I'm really glad we have Clawson. We're going to recruit better and game plan better. Being a Wake fan is better than being a State or Carolina fan by a long shot.

2 years before. So the soonest he would have been gone is 1 year before he did. Did he get another year due to financial reasons and being the most successful WFU coach in decades. Probably. I am OK with that.

Disappointed that he ended with a whimper from a program dedication perspective.

2 years before. So the soonest he would have been gone is 1 year before he did. Did he get another year due to financial reasons and being the most successful WFU coach in decades. Probably. I am OK with that.

Disappointed that he ended with a whimper from a program dedication perspective.

I golf with a lot of Carolina and State grads who would take Grobe's tenure in an instant. They've said it many times. Dealing with Wake's and Duke's success in recent years just about has them on the ledge.

Bob is closer to the truth than you think. That's not to say Clawson can't be successful but the odds are long.

I golf with a lot of Carolina and State grads who would take Grobe's tenure in an instant. They've said it many times. Dealing with Wake's and Duke's success in recent years just about has them on the ledge.

This

It's down-right comical that so many "Johnny-Come-Lately's" on this board cannot understand what an impossible job coaching Wake Forest football in the ACC is....especially this ACC. They ignore 60 years of history as if it means nothing.

What Jim Grobe was able to do during those three years from 2006 thru 2008....28 wins & three bowl games....was a once in a lifetime thing. Something akin to Halley's Comet, which comes around once every 76 years. Now, some people seem to think that this should be the standard for future WF football teams. Hilarious.

And This

This ACC is still mediocre.

BC lost to Colorado State
Pitt lost to Akron

UL would have lost to any top 75 team today.

Its FSU Clemson and a bunch of mediocre teams. State might be on the upswing.

Back