• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jimbo Fisher...

deacsrus

Reaction score
in an interview with AP sportswriter Joedy McCreary said the Deacons do "an outstanding job on defense" and called them "VERY SOUND" on offense. WTF? I guess by "sound" he means we average 29 yds per game rushing(finished with negative rush yds in 3 of 4 FBS games), average 18 points per game, 4.6 sacks per game, and rank 116th in time of possession.

in an interview with AP sportswriter Joedy McCreary said the Deacons do "an outstanding job on defense" and called them "VERY SOUND" on offense. WTF? I guess by "sound" he means we average 29 yds per game rushing(finished with negative rush yds in 3 of 4 FBS games), average 18 points per game, 4.6 sacks per game, and rank 116th in time of possession.

Given our offensive handicap, I agree that we do do an outstanding job on defense. As far as the offense, I assume he means we soundly suck on offense.

Whoa. A head coach exaggerated the positives of an opponent going into a game? No way.

But seriously, our defense is legit. Very legit. Stunning stat that 59% of our opponents points are off turnovers.

Whoa. A head coach exaggerated the positives of an opponent going into a game? No way.

But seriously, our defense is legit. Very legit. Stunning stat that 59% of our opponents points are off turnovers.

That's the shame Ph, our special teams have been very good too, we've got 2/3's of it. The offense is just so, so bad!

Wasn't there a Joedy McCreary that worked in our athletic dept back in the 70s and 80s?

What would you expect him to say?

Well, "very sound" about our offense is not 1 of them! Makes Jimbo look like an idiot..if we are "very sound" wtf is FSU, Oregon, etc? Not like if he says something else it's gonna be used as bulletin board material by our OC...:wtf:

What he should have said: our offense has struggled a bit but is young and will get better, etc....Coach Clawson has them headed in the right direction. Maybe a prop to our true freshman QB.....

If only we were playing South Carolina, would love to hear the old ball coach's comments.

8bmk.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Well, "very sound" about our offense is not 1 of them! Makes Jimbo look like an idiot..if we are "very sound" wtf is FSU, Oregon, etc? Not like if he says something else it's gonna be used as bulletin board material by our OC...:wtf:

What he should have said: our offense has struggled a bit but is young and will get better, etc....Coach Clawson has them headed in the right direction. Maybe a prop to our true freshman QB.....

People seriously care about this?

Back