• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Job leads/advice for Junior Programmer - NC or SC

Between my husband and I, we hear the voice of the market daily. .net and Java seem to be the high demand languages. Security is a market that is in high demand and growing.

This assumes you're going for a hard skill position. There are easier ways into IT Management. My guess is Racer and LK would agree with the notion that while there are a million coders out there and there are a million IT managers out there, the best jobs and the highest ceilings are for people who combine hard skills with leadership/decision making, especially if you add being a normal human that can hold normal conversations.

Yep. I figured out a decade ago that my value was in being a jack of all trades and being able to effectively communicate my opinion to the various teams that make up a large scale project (IT, Development, QA, Consultants, etc...)

Between my husband and I, we hear the voice of the market daily. .net and Java seem to be the high demand languages. Security is a market that is in high demand and growing.

I view Java and SQL as the ubiquitous tools that any developer needs to have at their disposal. A firm grasp on those 2 and you can likely jump into any application and figure out what's going on in a hurry.

Lot's of IT jobs with the State and the University System in GA if that is an option. I would imagine that would be true in the Carolina's too. Sometimes you have to go to the unit or campus site to find them.

Back