• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jon Stewart is leaving the Daily Show

Damnit... First Colbert and now this.

I'm sure if they ask nice, Craiggers will come back.

Brian Williams may be available.

Jason Jones and Samantha Bee co-hosting is the obvious pick.

Strange that he'd leave now; if he had been thinking about it last year it would have made sense to have John Oliver be the heir apparent. CC going from two great shows at 11 pm to potentially zero (I've only watched The Nightly Show once and it'll need some more time so I can't write it off yet but I certainly didn't love it)

Wonder if John Oliver coming back is a possibility. I know he just started at HBO, but there's a big difference between one show a week and four shows a week

Wonder if John Oliver coming back is a possibility. I know he just started at HBO, but there's a big difference between one show a week and four shows a week

Depending on the contract, that difference might be in HBO's favor.

Jordan Klepper is a rising star. Curious to see where he lands.

Totally bummed; just started watching him this past year and really enjoyed it.

Stewart was interviewed by SterN recently and the hours he puts in daily/weekly is insane. He misses a ton of time with his family.

Just watched his announcement. The bit about finally actually getting to have dinner with his family on a school night killed me.

But where will snarky underemployed liberals get their talking points????

But where will snarky underemployed liberals get their talking points????

I'm trying to figure out whether it is the homer conservatism, or the shocking amount of insecurity in your posts that tips me off to you, Caturday. I can't tell which. There wasn't any racism in this post, or that would have definitely given it away.

Sad news - Stewart is great. Even hardened conservatives should be able to appreciate his humor.

This sucks. Not to mention the timing is pretty bad. First, he won't cover the 2016 election and they'll still be breaking in the new person by then. Second, he leaves almost immediately after the two best options for replacing him left - Colbert and John Oliver. Maybe they can get Oliver back from HBO, but that show is killing it so maybe not.

You need someone funny but also sincere if the show is going to maintain its legitimacy - and it's hard to find comedians like that who can also carry a nightly show. They may have to dig into the younger/lesser known crowd to find someone.

Back