• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Josh Harris Runs Fast

Let's just turn this into the yearlong "Josh Harris is a Fucking Stud" thread. Definitely need YouTubes...

I wasn't a huge fan of the YouTube posting feature until this post.

Kid is a beast. He is going to make big noise this year. Definitely looking forward to football season.

That 80-something yard touchdown run is a thing of absolute perfection.

Josh Harris is a beast and is going to have a BIG year this season. Combine the fact that he is stronger and faster, will be the starter from day 1, and will actually have a legit OL to run behind since everyone is 300+ pounds.

1000+ yards, 10+ TD's easily this season

haha great commentary. What a mismatch that race was.

Heat 11 Wind: +0.5

Place Athlete Name Yr Affiliation Time
1 Josh Harris FR Wake Forest 10.70 q
2 Simpson Penn FR Morgan State 11.32
3 Marcus Rawls FR Rowan 11.37
4 Aaron Austin FR Spring Arbor 11.79
5 Zavier Watson FR Guilford 11.80
6 Chris Maniere FR Spring Arbor 11.82
7 Teiji Kimball Jr JR Barton 11.96
8 Bill Kane JR UNC-Greensboro 12.66

Let's just turn this into the yearlong "Josh Harris is a Fucking Stud" thread. Definitely need YouTubes...

Damn, I could watch these clips all day. Dude is just so fucking fast.

And I don't know if it excites me or worries me that our coaching staff didn't recognize immediately how fucking fast he was and how much better he was than our other backs.

Grobe didn't let him run in the finals. He had practice to attend, or something. He would have won, I think.

Disappointing that he wasn't able to run in the finals but football takes first priority obviously. More YouTubes will ease our collective pain.

The other day after starting this thread it occurred to me that it would be interesting to see how JRoc stacks up with a speed guy like Spiller. Here we go...

CJ Spiller:

60 meters - 6.67
100 meters - 10.22
Height - 5'11"
Weight - 196
Bench - 18 times @ 225

JRoc:

60 meters - 6.86 (school record of 6.77 held by K Marion)
100 meters - 10.6
Height - 5'10"
Weight - 205
Bench - 400+

Their reported 40 times are about the same (Spiller @ 4.37, JRoc @ 4.34). Spiller is slightly faster in the longer distances but Josh is clearly bigger/stronger.

Grobe didn't let him run in the finals. He had practice to attend, or something. He would have won, I think.

After digging a bit deeper, seems I was incorrect. The track coaches pulled him from the finals because his hamstring was a bit sore. No injury, nothing to worry about; just a little preventative measure.

Don't want to anger the football coaches after they finally let our boys run, am I right?

After digging a bit deeper, seems I was incorrect. The track coaches pulled him from the finals because his hamstring was a bit sore. No injury, nothing to worry about; just a little preventative measure.

Don't want to anger the football coaches after they finally let our boys run, am I right?

Thanks for the update wakephan. OGBoards has a track and field insider!

Back