• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JT is gone.

Can we take tags off of this thread please?

Apparently since people cannot control themselves it must be done.

Pretty please with sugar on top, stop bitching about nonsense like silly harmless (and amusing $ tags. Focus your upset emotions elsewhere. Thank you very much. Love moonzzzz

Last edited:
Wow, did you see CP3's tweet?

Too great a school for this. #embarrassed

If this is what it appears to be at face value, I think the tweet is uncalled for.

Seems to me that CP is saying this is recent trend of off the court issues is entirety unlike Wake and he is embarrassed to see this happen at a school he loves.

In essence, historically we have expected better (and mostly gotten) better from our student-athletes. I figure a lot of alumni are thinking the same thing.

Seems to me that CP is saying this is recent trend of off the court issues is entirety unlike Wake and he is embarrassed to see this happen at a school he loves.

In essence, historically we have expected better (and mostly gotten) better from our student-athletes. I figure a lot of alumni are thinking the same thing.

I got no problem with CP3's tweet. This is going to be a long season. We're going to be terrible and the excuses are going to drive me nuts.

Get better? The help he needs?

What the fuck. He got drunk and a DUI. If that is the sign of substance abuse problem...

The article sounds like there is more going on there than just a DWI.

"Due to circumstances surrounding his arrest, along with other recent indicators, it is obvious to J.T. and his family that J.T. suffers from a serious medical condition that requires immediate attention,'' Grace said in a statement released by the Wake Forest sports media relations department.

The article sounds like there is more going on there than just a DWI.

"Due to circumstances surrounding his arrest, along with other recent indicators, it is obvious to J.T. and his family that J.T. suffers from a serious medical condition that requires immediate attention,'' Grace said in a statement released by the Wake Forest sports media relations department.

To me this sounds like posturing for the inevitable court date. "Your honor, my client and his family realized that my client suffered from a serious medical issue and is currently taking steps to address that issue. I'd like to admit evidence that shows that my client has completed treatment at an in-patient center for substance abuse and is currently attending out-patient treatment as he continues to seek treatment for his disease."

You're a mod. Act like it.

Listen emotional baby there is nothing wrong with the tags in my opinion.

What's a mod to do? Wring ones hands and self inflict wounds over the shit storm that is wake sports? It's all CP3's fault anyway.

NUT PUNCH

This sucks for JTT and I hope he is able to take care of his shit. What sucks for Wake hoops is that we won't have JTT for the forseeable future and we will be stuck with Bzzzzz for at least two more years.

i have from a very good source that this is/was an alcohol related incident, it's not very clear who the department was that actually arrested him & he(JT) has had quite a few alcohol related incidents in the past. i would say that this was the straw that broke the camel's back, for the family. again, i wish him the best in getting his life straightened out. basketball & what we hope for our team is definitely secondary.

Wow. When are we going to catch an effing break. I am not sure how much more of this I can take. . .Geez. . .

I hope he gets things figured out and gets his life back on track. The ramifications to the basketball program pale in comparison to what this means to his life.

We will always have Iowa.

according to what i have been told, this has been going on long enough for the university to know about. him leaving so fast was probably more of a university motivated move, but painted to make it look like the family wanted to pull him out of school. save face on letting the public know that you knew one of your star basketball players is an alcoholic.

Someday...someone will write a hell of a book about all of this.

This sucks. I feel for JT and I hope he gets better and can resurrect his career at a non-ACC school. I'm gonna miss JT

This is going to be a rough season unfortunately. I thought that we had hit rock bottom this summer but I guess not. Hopefully we can start to turn things around since I don't want to think about things being any worse than this.

Listen emotional baby there is nothing wrong with the tags in my opinion.

What's a mod to do? Wring ones hands and self inflict wounds over the shit storm that is wake sports? It's all CP3's fault anyway.

NUT PUNCH

Not tell the posters that make this board the place it is to "Shut it".

ETA: Especially when said poster is 10x the Wake sports fan you'll ever be

Last edited:
This sucks. I feel for JT and I hope he gets better and can resurrect his career at a non-ACC school. I'm gonna miss JT

This is going to be a rough season unfortunately. I thought that we had hit rock bottom this summer but I guess not. Hopefully we can start to turn things around since I don't want to think about things being any worse than this.

We've said this before. But still, things manage to get worse. At some point, yes we will hit rock bottom. Hopefully we already have

To me this sounds like posturing for the inevitable court date. "Your honor, my client and his family realized that my client suffered from a serious medical issue and is currently taking steps to address that issue. I'd like to admit evidence that shows that my client has completed treatment at an in-patient center for substance abuse and is currently attending out-patient treatment as he continues to seek treatment for his disease."

If they were just posturing, he wouldn't have withdrawn from school. College kids get DWIs all the time. There is a clearly more going on here than just making a bad decision.

Back