• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Junior Deacon Club

towelie99

Reaction score
A few months back I saw an email advertising a junior deacon club membership for 25 bucks. For my 8 year old son, I figure this was a fun thing to have, as the email indicated special things through the year, a tshirt, and birthday recognition. I signed up and realized once I did, I never gave them his name shirt size, birthday or any information

BE WARNED!

Last week a box arrived with an adult medium t shirt, and a cheap plastic deacon piggy bank. If you were thinking about signing up your kids, I'd advise against it.

Wake has found yet another way to milk their alumni. Pretty disappointed in this

A few months back I saw an email advertising a junior deacon club membership for 25 bucks. For my 8 year old son, I figure this was a fun thing to have, as the email indicated special things through the year, a tshirt, and birthday recognition. I signed up and realized once I did, I never gave them his name shirt size, birthday or any information

BE WARNED!

Last week a box arrived with an adult medium t shirt, and a cheap plastic deacon piggy bank. If you were thinking about signing up your kids, I'd advise against it.

Wake has found yet another way to milk their alumni. Pretty disappointed in this
You're a towel.

Isn't the advantage that he's building deacon club points that might matter 30 years from now when we might be good at basketball? If so, $25 a year seems about right.

Sounds like a decent haul, all things considered.

When I renewed my Deacon Club membership at the lowest level this year, I received a literal bag of shit and an 8x10 glossy of Ron Wellman defiling the Demon Deacon.

Sounds like a decent haul, all things considered.

When I renewed my Deacon Club membership at the lowest level this year, I received a literal bag of shit and an 8x10 glossy of Ron Wellman defiling the Demon Deacon.

You were hoping the Wellman picture was larger than 8x10?

Yeah, I did the Jr Deacon club thing years(10+) ago with my kids and remember being disappointed.

Are we talking the kids being disappointed or you all, as adults, being disappointed?

Back