• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just back from the game... What I noticed.

I don't think they have to hope. Visiting team always brings their conference's officials with them in college football, I think. For everyone's sake, let's hope it won't be the crew that did Vanderbilt's game last night.

Not necessarily true. I'm pretty sure we had a Big East crew for our game at Syracuse this year.

I have some crow to eat about this season. I thought our defense would be insanely bad.

I don't think they have to hope. Visiting team always brings their conference's officials with them in college football, I think. For everyone's sake, let's hope it won't be the crew that did Vanderbilt's game last night.

Great point....they botched the hell out of the final play in that game. It really seems like officating has gotten a lot worse in every conference for some reason. Could be that all the good refs have gotten old and retired and they don't require competence in a new ref these days.

Oh yeah and Givens = Stud

I'll feel pretty good about the running game if we can get one more guy in there with Reynolds and Harris.

I think you will really like Missouri City, Texas RB Joshua Wilhite.

He's a Top Shelf prospect and once again WF has gone in the side door (post injury). He's led his team to a 9 straight win streak...

You add a power back like DeAndre (projects as a 6'2-215-220 Nick Burney type back with more runningback skills) and we look to be solid. Would like to add another back this year.

Jroc better watch out or orville is going to keep him on the bench next year, this kid has moves and serious jets.

Not sure if anyone realized, but the kid who scored the TD against us - #44, Justus Pickett - is a Charlotte kid (Ardrey Kell HS) whom we recruited as well. Sharing carries as a true freshman at TB. Good kid, but glad we kicked his team's butt. :thumbsup:

Anyone able to dig up the preseason prediction thread? I think I had us in the 3-5 range, with 5 being very unlikely.

1) Chris Givens is a stud. (Obvious? Yes, but can you really note this fact too often?)

2) ACC Refs should just go shoot themselves... Md was bad enough for it not to matter in this game, but those calls - The Replay Call heads this list - were horrid. It felt, uncomfortably, like the fix was in.3) Tanner Price. I love this kid. He made some big runs today, and some big passes.

4) Camp is like the #5 hitter on a baseball team, he keeps the D honest giving Givens a lot more opportunity to make big plays.

5) For all you Grobe haters - we are bowl eligible for the 5th time (actually I think it is the 6th time - I believe we were 6-6 one year but went uninvited) in his tenure. Do some homework and realize that the man can coach. (I admit that I chafe at his conservative ways, but really how can you hate this man?)

6) Orville is FAST. Not sure how it looked on TV but I thought that Md defender had the angle on him... and then he just didn't.

7) Noel - number one in nation for passes defended... 'nuff said.

8) BP is a great deal tougher than I thought.

9) Did I mention that the ACC refs should just go shoot themselves?

10) See point #1.

Good post. The fix is in, and you guessed it, we are not the beneficiaries (again).

There is no way the ACC will not fix the game for VaT and against UVa. The Hoos will be jobbed, no way around it. The refs will find a way. That's literally the only part of their job that the officials do well, fixing games for the league.

There is no way the ACC will allow UVa to play a reeling Clemson in the ACC Invitational, errrr championship game. They gotta have VaT. Sad but true, young men have to be robbed and cheated so greedy old men can get more money.

And you aint seen nothin' yet, hoops season is just around the corner.

You could add a point for our defense, which can rise to the occasion in some circumstances, such as the series after the blocked punt.

Back