• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just because things are boring; Arpaio: Obama birth record 'definitely fraudulent'

"The Arizona Democratic Party says in a statement that Arpaio's investigation is intended to draw attention away from problems within his own agency, such as hundreds of sex-crimes cases that the sheriff's office failed to adequately investigate over a three-year period."

I've never really commented on the whole birther thing, but I do have a question. So what if he was born in Kenya? His mom was a US citizen, so wouldn't that automatically make him a US citizen regardless of the place of birth? If I'd been born in France that wouldn't make me French.

I've never really commented on the whole birther thing, but I do have a question. So what if he was born in Kenya? His mom was a US citizen, so wouldn't that automatically make him a US citizen regardless of the place of birth? If I'd been born in France that wouldn't make me French.

If you had been born in France a lot would be explained. You'd be Romney's Mormon mission love child.

Not necessarily. There are residency requirements that are in place when only one parent is a US citizen. It can get really convoluted and depends on what the law was when you were born.

Here you go. Per this, Obama would not have been a US citizen at birth if born in Kenya. This is because his mother was 18 at the time of birth, and would need 5 years of residency after the age of 14 for her son to claim US citizenship at birth. Like I said, it's convoluted stuff.

http://www.ilrc.org/files/nats_chart_a_10.pdf

The whole thing really stems more from the definition of "natural born" though. McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, but was somehow deemed a natural born US citizen even though he was born outside of the country. Obviously, his parents both being US citizens helped the matter, but that doesn't tell me what "natural born" means.

The naturalization laws have been challenged through the years. If you're born out of wedlock, they get even more restrictive, no doubt a nod to US servicemen knocking chicks up overseas.

Wow. So he really wasn't born in America. Holy crap. We all were duped.

Arpaio should team up with Jay Paterno as a truth-finding super-duo.

Didja ever notice that if Joe Arpaio didn't have something fucking stupid to say, he wouldn't talk at all??

medium_Andy_Plates_Rant.flv.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ONW again.

This election is just awful. Pretty much none of it makes any sense. I mean, are we really arguing about Romney's taxes and Obama not being 'Murrican enough?

Faithful, that link doesn't work. Can you repost?

Sounds like they spent more time blaming Obama than they did doing their jobs correctly.

Back