• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just for BSD

Yep, I read fine as well. Your points about him liking to watch games is perfectly valid. But saying we know nothing more than that is incorrect. Wake is one of the schools he "could see himself playing at."

I haven't seen anyone say we are not in the running for Harry as you claimed. Ph and I were asking how much evidence we have directly from Harry related to his interest in Wake, as there are potential valid reasons for his presence around Wake that are unrelated to his desire to actually attend Wake. BTW, that article is a year old. Again, 2 ways to look at that. One, a year ago is an eternity in the mind of high schooler being wooed by the best programs in the nation. The other is that he could see himself playing at Wake while Bz was still here.

He seems very polite and incredibly comfortable answering questions. Wake doesn't come up in these questions. I don't think it's something the national media really knows about or is paying attention to at all.

I haven't seen anyone say we are not in the running for Harry as you claimed. Ph and I were asking how much evidence we have directly from Harry related to his interest in Wake, as there are potential valid reasons for his presence around Wake that are unrelated to his desire to actually attend Wake. BTW, that article is a year old. Again, 2 ways to look at that. One, a year ago is an eternity in the mind of high schooler being wooed by the best programs in the nation. The other is that he could see himself playing at Wake while Bz was still here.
You're just obfuscating.

"In the running" does not just mean he goes to Wake games; it means he is interested in possibly playing at Wake. And yes, both of you were saying there isn't any actual proof of that, that all we know is that he likes to come to games, etc. And that has been disproven. We are actually in the running because he has expressed actual interest.

You're just obfuscating.

"In the running" does not just mean he goes to Wake games; it means he is interested in possibly playing at Wake. And yes, both of you were saying there isn't any actual proof of that, that all we know is that he likes to come to games, etc. And that has been disproven. We are actually in the running because he has expressed actual interest.

No obfuscating, you are just making things up.
What I have actually said:
"...I am not saying there isn't legitimate interest there, just saying there is another very real motivation to come to most of our games and hang around our campus."
"I think we are in the conversation, but I also think some other very worthy competition is, as well."

We simply stated an alternate explanation that you later admitted was valid. If you have a rational point of view related to something I have actually said, I would enjoy that conversation. I have not said the things you are claiming and will, therefore, step out of this nonsense.

Tobacco Road, your point is that maybe Giles has interest, maybe he doesn't. All we know is that he comes to games, but that may be because we are the closest D-1 program.

Meanwhile, Giles has said he can see himself playing at Wake. Something you say when you have some measure of interest on a program. I don't know what else to tell you.

Regardless, we both want him to enroll, and on that we can unreservedly relate.

Back