• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just moved to NC (Charlotte), need food/bar recommendations

No, a vendor taking me out to breakfast on Thursday.
Love Eddie's Place, but want to try something new.

Charlotte Cafe
Flying Biscuit
Pancake House

The owner of cafe Monte is a really good dude. I've been meaning to go for a while. I've heard good things about Toast, opening soon near Eds tavern.

Where do all the cool kids hangout to watch college games and what not? Where can I see MD play?

Also Bojangles sweet tea is very overrated, but Cookout hits the spot

I haven't lived in Charlotte in years so some of these suggestions may not be there but Picasso's on E. Blvd rocks, best wings ever. It is owned by UNCC grad & always has games on. Brixx Pizza on E. Blvd & Uptown. Alexander Michael's in 4th Ward, La Paz on S. Blvd (although I heard it may have moved or closed for renovations). Fuel Pizza on S. Blvd & if you live in Uptown they deliver. Harper's by Southpark Mall & Big Daddy's in Ballantyne. Midtown Sundries & Boardwalk Billy's in the Univ. area always have games on.

Any Charlotteans had breakfast at Terrace Cafe? Need to go somewhere other than Original Pancake House.

http://www.terracecafecharlotte.com/pdfs/Menu web_Aug 2011_Breakfast.pdf

Looks a little less douchey than Cafe Monte which was my other thought.

http://cafemonte.net/menus/

Terrace is awesome. They make their own sausage, really good. I've had the Sausage benedict, the Red Velvet Waffle, the Croque Madame, and the Bacon Waffle, all really good, grits are $$$ as well. Pretty decent sized place so the waits aren't too insane. Would recommend it to anyone.

I haven't lived in Charlotte in years so some of these suggestions may not be there but Picasso's on E. Blvd rocks, best wings ever. It is owned by UNCC grad & always has games on. Brixx Pizza on E. Blvd & Uptown. Alexander Michael's in 4th Ward, La Paz on S. Blvd (although I heard it may have moved or closed for renovations). Fuel Pizza on S. Blvd & if you live in Uptown they deliver. Harper's by Southpark Mall & Big Daddy's in Ballantyne. Midtown Sundries & Boardwalk Billy's in the Univ. area always have games on.

Yeah, you haven't lived here in awhile.

Where do all the cool kids hangout to watch college games and what not? Where can I see MD play?

Also Bojangles sweet tea is very overrated, but Cookout hits the spot

Places with a lot of TVs: Strike City, Blackfinn, Taco Mac

More chill spots: Ed's Tavern, Jackalope Jack's, Gin Mill

welcome, i'm a fellow marylander in CLT. stool pigeons has tons of TVs and ACC banners everywhere (they have espn3) and a great buffalo chicken sandwich. not a great epicenter atmosphere like blackfinn or strike city though. dilworth grille is great, i've seen a lot of wake games there. wild wing cafe and bww are decent options too.

The owner of cafe Monte is a really good dude. I've been meaning to go for a while. I've heard good things about Toast, opening soon near Eds tavern.

same toast that us suburban losers know about? if so it's good

Toast is better than Terrace Cafe, IMO. For a cheap breakfast, you can't beat the Shuffletown Diner.

Art's Diner is pretty clutch for breakfast too. Too bad that Anderson's is closed.

Back