• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just on Dave Glenn show

Contract was probably just five years so there was no extension needed. I have no idea though.

I feel like this is a horrible dream where folks are yelling and screaming and pointing the police to the bad guy but the police just keep riding by and acting like nothing is happening and we are the ones getting pulled over and searched.

Wow. Just wow. I feel for the players right now. I really do. Everybody deserves better. I know that it is naive to feel this way, but I'm truly stunned. I actually believed that things would change, against all knowledge and precedent, but I never believed that [Redacted] would return after this horrible, completely draining season of disappointments.

I'm stunned as well. To be so deliberately obtuse in the face of overwhelming evidence, with so much attention and money involved, is beyond shocking.

Just got a Deacon Club post card in the mail announcing Grobe and Buzz speaking in various cities over the next three months, doubt you would advertise Buzz if he was going anywhere...just sayin.

Gaudio was scheduled for similar before getting the boot.

Slight derail

Does anyone else think Wellman (or his cronies) tells the game announcers to support Buzz? I'm always shocked at how they rarely critique Buzz's career. A lot of times they go out of their way to talk about building a "foundation" and doing it "the right way".

Slight derail

Does anyone else think Wellman (or his cronies) tells the game announcers to support Buzz? I'm always shocked at how they rarely critique Buzz's career. A lot of times they go out of their way to talk about building a "foundation" and doing it "the right way".

That is pretty typical no matter the coach. TV guys are rarely, if ever, critical of current coaches in jobs.

Slight derail

Of course they control the flow of information that way. Wellman has been a damn evil genius the way he got the national hoops media to buy into the culture change/rebuilding narrative the last few years. Stuff like that is exactly why FireBz.com and the recent advertisements needed to happen. Too many people are not members of these forums and get their info from the sports media, and had no clue how bad the [Redacted] situation really is.

Of course they control the flow of information that way. Wellman has been a damn evil genius the way he got the national hoops media to buy into the culture change/rebuilding narrative the last few years. Stuff like that is exactly why FireBz.com and the recent advertisements needed to happen. Too many people are not members of these forums and get their info from the sports media, and had no clue how bad the [Redacted] situation really is.

Bingo! There is a ton of "untapped" folks out there who have no clue.

Slight derail

These are things you have to worry about when you hire a shitty coach.

Do your job well and it makes life a while lot easier.

That is pretty typical no matter the coach. TV guys are rarely, if ever, critical of current coaches in jobs.
That's why I miss Packer. TV guys are so boring and they rarely offer insightful analysis.

(I will admit though, it was kind of neat when CJ hit a shot on the right side of the court after the graphic.)

For some reason, even though I think he's dead wrong in repeating that A.D. talking point, this response made me realize he's still Ranolph frickin' Childress.

213Ks20.png

Probably best not to steer the train in the direction of anyone we'd hate to see go down with the ship.

For some reason, even though I think he's dead wrong in repeating that A.D. talking point, this response made me realize he's still Ranolph frickin' Childress.

213Ks20.png

Probably best not to steer the train in the direction of anyone we'd hate to see go down with the ship.

Wellman shouldn't have tied him to the tracks then.

Chill doesn't necessarily lose his job with a Bz firing. Nor should he IMO. He's not on the coaching staff. I think we should lay off him.

Back