• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just on Dave Glenn show

I still love Childress as a player, but that statement is a blatant misrepresentation of the facts. Those names weren't in the newspaper until after [Redacted] was already coach. And some of those players were allowed to stick around anyway.
That doesn't mean they were the right players does it? I think Chill is saying the players and recruits we have now are Bz-type players and should do well under Bz. The players not recruited by Bz may not have (and clearly didn't IMO) fit.

Well, looks like its time to revisit my roots:

c9gIW.jpg

amp up the pressure. definitely use the wellman quote!!! on sunday.

Not anyone but Wellman knows the deal with bz. who tells others someone is going to be fired before it actually happens? i am sad to say i think bz will be back though. wellman brought him to wake for some unknown (blackmail is my theory) reason and he will keep him here for the same reason (or maybe they are lovers?).

Ron Wellman has already destroyed the present of our basketball program. He's slowing tearing down the future. Through Rusty and Childress and the denigration of former players, he's destroying the past.

Seriously.

Let's pause and think about the loss in revenue this has caused Wake sports and other channels like merchandising.

Now let's ask ourselves, why the hell is Wake doing the same thing after gutting itself like this?

That doesn't mean they were the right players does it? I think Chill is saying the players and recruits we have now are Bz-type players and should do well under Bz. The players not recruited by Bz may not have (and clearly didn't IMO) fit.

So we should've been better this year right? Yet, we were still 13-18, O-9 in conference on the road and 6-12 in the conference which matched our conference loss total from last year. The only improvement over last year, was we beat a couple of ranked, but overrated teams at home.

Ron Wellman has already destroyed the present of our basketball program. He's slowing tearing down the future. Through Rusty and Childress and the denigration of former players, he's destroying the past.

This

Then why did he rerecruit them? Why did he keep Ty Walker the whole time? He had full responsibility for the program from day 1.

Do folks really think that Chill, Rusty, and Battle are immune from any blame? I'm not so sure.

immune? no. but the direction starts with the hc. he makes the major calls and sets the direction of everything in the program. babydeac (who, if i am not missing something, has been very quiet lately) has said he has never seen a program where the head coach directs so much and allows the assistants to do so little. because battle was a part of the highs under skip and dino (and lows to be sure) i give him a lot more rope. he has earned it. in fact if bzz had been canned mid season and battle was named interim i would have had a far different set of expectation for him than bzz.

when bzz goes the new head coach brings in their own staff. i am certainly not in favor of another smashed together group of coaches.

Administrators @ Wake must have apprenticed @ the Ken Lay School of Management, a'la, Enron if they retain Buzz & Wellman for that matter...

So we should've been better this year right? Yet, we were still 13-18, O-9 in conference on the road and 6-12 in the conference which matched our conference loss total from last year. The only improvement over last year, was we beat a couple of ranked, but overrated teams at home.

If we can't get better after losing players who weren't the "right type", how are we going to get better after losing CJ?

Just had a scary thought. CJ may be the next victim of the Wellman hit machine.

True, and I very much agree with you that the players did not fit with the coach. However, the implication in his statement is that the fault lies with the players rather than the coach. The players had essentially no choice than to play during year one. After that, some chose to leave and others remained. Some who stayed got into trouble later, but were allowed to remain with the team anyway, thus contradicting the point of the statement in the first place. The idea that [Redacted] was cleaning out the program for "culture" reasons was fairly disputed earlier in the thread. Saying that he was cleaning out the program to bring in his own type of players is a legitimate discussion, but then there is no reason to bring up "names in the newspaper."

We need our major big $$$ donors to care as much about athletics as they do other things. If the big $$$ is okay with being mediocre so long as the name of the school is squeaky clean then we'll never be a major player.

The job of the AD is to cover up those issues that could reflect poorly on the school, not eliminate the possibility of them ever happening. A good AD protects the good name of the school while still enabling just enough "fringe" cases to be as competitive as possible in major revenue sports.

[Redacted] will be back for 2 more seasons folks. My speculation is that this was a five year plan and there isn't going to be anything short of resigning that will change that.

We need our major big $$$ donors to care as much about athletics as they do other things. If the big $$$ is okay with being mediocre so long as the name of the school is squeaky clean then we'll never be a major player.

The job of the AD is to cover up those issues that could reflect poorly on the school, not eliminate the possibility of them ever happening. A good AD protects the good name of the school while still enabling just enough "fringe" cases to be as competitive as possible in major revenue sports.

You'd think the Suttons who are shelling out the money for the new athletic center wouldn't be fine with us sucking.

Big $$$$ donors only care about out players' socks being straight, apparently.

[Redacted] will be back for 2 more seasons folks. My speculation is that this was a five year plan and there isn't going to be anything short of resigning that will change that.

Continues to speak as if what you are saying is fact. Priceless.

You'd think the Suttons who are shelling out the money for the new athletic center wouldn't be fine with us sucking.

It has been astonishing to me how many elites in the Wake committee are content with mediocrity at best.

Back