• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

I'm confused. I was right that Wake was making a horrible decision to muzzle its trustee and let this story fester falsely. Mit was not offended by this, was part of the cause of the situation, and he and Wake should have cleaned this up during their 3 day window to do so.

Sadly, our players will get punished for this error. There will be retribution. Just watch.

If Mit had wanted to correct this story, he would have. There is no way Wake muzzled Mit.

I thought I saw somewhere that Mit talked to the league office on Monday. Which would indicate that even if he wasn't offended, the mere fact that Hess was inappropriately engaged w/ the crowd instead of w/ the game itself was enough for the ACC.

Maybe I am naive but I find it hard to believe that referees will take this out on wake forest

Hess has been a joke for way too long

Maybe I am naive but I find it hard to believe that referees will take this out on wake forest

Hess has been a joke for way too long

For the people that believe refs will take it out on Wake, any bad call will be met with "See, I told you Wake screwed up by leaving Hess out to dry."

I'm confused. I was right that Wake was making a horrible decision to muzzle its trustee and let this story fester falsely. Mit was not offended by this, was part of the cause of the situation, and he and Wake should have cleaned this up during their 3 day window to do so.

Sadly, our players will get punished for this error. There will be retribution. Just watch.

Other than the specific names and reference to our bball players, the tone of this is pitch-perfect in resemblance to the insane e-war going on right now between RJ and Townie on The Pit.

just realized what happened.
Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

Yes, this will be visited upon Wake in the most horrible of ways.

Well, there goes the traditional history of the Deacs getting all the calls. Whatever shall we do now?!?

Yeah, this sucks. We're going to get jobbed by all the ACC refs now.

Oh wait ...

No offense, but will retribution change the way how officials have treated us over the years. If it were a Duke or UNC trustee, I could see your point. With us, it may mean that Duke is only called for 2 fouls against us in the first half of a game rather than 3.

Do we know this? Also, as I said earlier, it is generally not a good idea to refer to anyone's origin based on what they look like an add "ass".

Mit could have publicly stated that he called Hess a motherless whore and Hess still would have been in a lot of trouble. The punishment isn't for the comment being in jest or not the punishment is Karl was told to stop making himself the center of attention by his employer, chose not to do so, and thus was terminated.

You were right in the same way that the Germans won WWII.

The "Don't Make Noise! Don't Bring any Attention to Mother So Dear!" strain of Wake Forest/Wake Foresters always confounds. Residual mentality from our days as a regionally-ranked academic institution, IMO.

The "Don't Make Noise! Don't Bring any Attention to Mother So Dear!" strain of Wake Forest/Wake Foresters always confounds. Residual mentality from our days as a regionally-ranked academic institution, IMO.

That combined with the Southern boys club mentality is a recipe for disaster, as we've seen.

The sarcasm about how we're suddenly going to stop getting the calls is correct. We have nothing to lose and I'm proud it was LOWF that got the guy canned. The rest of the league should spot us 3 wide open three-pointers every game for the rest of the season as thanks. (Which we would promptly miss.)

Yeah, that's actually their defensive gameplan. Collapse on Devin and see if anybody else can keep it close.

Back