• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keep the Umbrella on the Field/Court

Ball State Deac

Reaction score
Perhaps too much vino tonight, but our Arnold umbrella looks great. Does it make any sense to keep it in some capacity long term?

I'm perfectly fine with this, although I remember an issue being brought up about corporate logos. I don't remember what it was though.

I don't either, but I think that was NCAA generated, and applied to unis. They probably were afraid they'd piss off Nike, since they're logo is on everything worn by any college athlete playing any sport. Screw 'em. We have lots of lawyers, let them sue us.

Put the umbrella on the unis too

Last edited:
I don't either, but I think that was NCAA generated, and applied to unis. They probably were afraid they'd piss off Nike, since they're logo is on everything worn by any college athlete playing any sport. Screw 'em. We have lots of lawyers, let them sue us.

Put the umbrella on the unis too

How can anyone be pissed off at something related to Arnold Palmer?

This year should be it for the umbrella. I thought it was a great tribute, but it is starting to look out-of-place.

I would rather celebrate the man who passed away than a corporate logo. Either way, it's hoops. Leaving it after the season during which he died is overdoing it.

keep it. screw nike. we could get CHEVROLET

Back