• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

keeper: still a HUUUUUGE douchebag

If those three get sick of bickering with each other over there and come here what happens?

That would certainly be a problem as we have very lax rules over here and it would be hypocritical to simply not allow them to post here. However, we don't allow blatant, excessive racism, etc, so if they continue to be their normal selves over here, I'm guessing they wouldn't last very long.

He can say them all he wants. He just shouldn't remain a representative of Wake Forest University in any capacity if he does. It's a free country, and I would actually fight for his right to express his homophobia as I am big on civil liberties, but he still deserves due criticism.

Bullshit. You defend speech you agree with, and you want someone's job in the real world to suffer for some meaningless comments on a message board because you happen to find them offensive. You know damn well you wouldn't be calling for the same kind of consequences for someone who started a thread titled "Jesus Christ: Pussy or Biggest Pussy?". It's selective outrage at its most obvious. Nice try re-characterizing your comments on religion as some civil discussion about its merits to society. You were being equally inflammatory, and you know it.

Go ahead and negrep me again for -10 like you already have three times now, but there are also people on here who agree with me that nothing on these boards or the others should be taken seriously by anyone, ever.

Ἀχαιμενίδης;65285 said:
Bullshit. You defend speech you agree with, and you want someone's job in the real world to suffer for some meaningless comments on a message board because you happen to find them offensive. You know damn well you wouldn't be calling for the same kind of consequences for someone who started a thread titled "Jesus Christ: Pussy or Biggest Pussy?". It's selective outrage at its most obvious. Nice try re-characterizing your comments on religion as some civil discussion about its merits to society. You were being equally inflammatory, and you know it.

Go ahead and negrep me again for -10 like you already have three times now, but there are also people on here who agree with me that nothing on these boards or the others should be taken seriously by anyone, ever.

You certainly seem to be taking this seriously, sir.

Ἀχαιμενίδης;65285 said:

So glad you posted again to give me the opportunity. If you think calling gay people "weird, perverted, and anti-American" is meaningless, I don't have any more to say.

So glad you posted again to give me the opportunity. If you think calling gay people "weird, perverted, and anti-American" is meaningless, I don't have any more to say.

From his last negrep comment: "best part about it is that I run these forums. Even if you switch names, I'll know who you are. Enjoy the red bitch"

Sweet use of your moderator powers dude.

Ἀχαιμενίδης;65293 said:
From his last negrep comment: "best part about it is that I run these forums. Even if you switch names, I'll know who you are. Enjoy the red bitch"

"nothing on these boards or the others should be taken seriously by anyone, ever."

"nothing on these boards or the others should be taken seriously by anyone, ever."

Oh, I don't care about the reputation thing. I only post every couple of months, so I'd never accumulate enough posts to be able to give out rep anyway. I just wanted to point out to everyone how much of a douche he is.

Ἀχαιμενίδης;65293 said:

Aww, I thought everything we post here is meaningless :(

Aww, I thought everything we post here is meaningless :(

Oh, I don't take the reputation thing seriously at all. If I did, I never would have gotten into it with a moderator. I knew you had the -10 thing at your disposal. The funny thing is that, aside from yours, the majority of the rep I've gotten has been positive.

There are always repercussions to saying stuff like keeper said. It was reprehensible regardless of the medium.

He has the right to say it, but he does not have the right to say it on Deacon Sports, and he does not have the right to say it as a representative of Wake Forest.

So much smoke on this thread. This is about keeper and his representation of MSD as a semi-public figure. That's it. I'm impressed by the attempts to reframe the debate, though

There are always repercussions to saying stuff like keeper said. It was reprehensible regardless of the medium.

He has the right to say it, but he does not have the right to say it on Deacon Sports, and he does not have the right to say it as a representative of Wake Forest.

:werd:

Ἀχαιμενίδης;65308 said:
Oh, I don't take the reputation thing seriously at all. If I did, I never would have gotten into it with a moderator. I knew you had the -10 thing at your disposal. The funny thing is that, aside from yours, the majority of the rep I've gotten has been positive.

I count 3 and 3. Either way, when you "get into it" with me, no matter what you post, you're going to get some pos-rep. Posting heresy is not the same as posting racism/homophobia. There have been plenty of posts describing why already so I won't repeat.

Ἀχαιμενίδης;65293 said:

OGD, I don't agree with the guy, but that's a douchey move.

Back