• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

keeper: still a HUUUUUGE douchebag

Despite my earlier position on moderators abusing their power, I think it'd be pretty funny to uppercase that K permanently.

Keeper's punishment, as laid down by The Honor Court of the Pit, shall be:

New director of the Wake Forest Center for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Studies.

BTW, Keeper: you suck

To summarize if a person says they feel that homosexual sexual acts per definition are perverted they become somehow a racist and speaker of hate. If another person says that they do not feel homsexual sexual acts are perverted by definition they are progressive and open minded. Topic closed, other things to do.....and I'm not in my 60s.

keeper, we understand how difficult it is to be. . .gosh. . .you know. . old. But we're here to support you, man. When you're ready to tell us how old you really are, we'll be glad to listen.

You'd have to marry him for that and he's against gay marriage.

why was it ok for students and the like to report keeper for his posts, but not ok for keeper to report students for their posts? their age versus his age? their potential honor code violations versus his offensive comments? it sounds like he was bluffing, but still, not that big of a difference. it was stupid on all sides. one thing the DS mods had right all these years was not advocating getting real world stuff involved with a posting spat, which is what this is. hopefully the mods here figure this out. everyone is going to post something they don't want to have their boss or family see from time to time, and if people are going to have to post everything they say here up to the standard of "do i want my boss to see that? my parents? my wife or kids?" then this place is going to get disinteresting very fast. which might even be ironic, considering the welcome message and declaration of purpose.

as for keeper being a representative and having his views be suffocating, etc -- NOBODY was even reading the Quad before this thread rejuvenated it somewhat. that thread had something like 8 or 9 responses in the 18 hours it was up before this thread was posted.

in short, both of these sites are supposed to be distractions from the real world, not lead to more distractions in the real world. hopefully it goes back to being that way for everyone.

You'd have to marry him for that and he's against gay marriage.

I'm older than he is, and he probably thinks the Bible says the husband should be older than the wife, so maybe he wouldn't object.

why was it ok for students and the like to report keeper for his posts, but not ok for keeper to report students for their posts? their age versus his age? their potential honor code violations versus his offensive comments?

Because there is no "potential" honor code violation. If you can find me someone who hasn't called someone else an asshole who goes to Wake, I'd be surprised.

This is spot on. Really disappointed in the turn this whole thread took. It is a slippery slope.

why was it ok for students and the like to report keeper for his posts, but not ok for keeper to report students for their posts? their age versus his age? their potential honor code violations versus his offensive comments? it sounds like he was bluffing, but still, not that big of a difference. it was stupid on all sides. one thing the DS mods had right all these years was not advocating getting real world stuff involved with a posting spat, which is what this is. hopefully the mods here figure this out. everyone is going to post something they don't want to have their boss or family see from time to time, and if people are going to have to post everything they say here up to the standard of "do i want my boss to see that? my parents? my wife or kids?" then this place is going to get disinteresting very fast. which might even be ironic, considering the welcome message and declaration of purpose.

as for keeper being a representative and having his views be suffocating, etc -- NOBODY was even reading the Quad before this thread rejuvenated it somewhat. that thread had something like 8 or 9 responses in the 18 hours it was up before this thread was posted.

in short, both of these sites are supposed to be distractions from the real world, not lead to more distractions in the real world. hopefully it goes back to being that way for everyone.

This is pretty good, Keeper should hire you. That said, it completely glosses over the fact that employees/reps of any university are held to a completely different standard than students. That standard, in Keeper's case, was up for debate. The Honor Code for students is there for everyone to see. It's very possible Keeper overstepped his limits on this, though no one but him and his superior knows the exact details. It's very unlikely any students have done the same.

Who votes we should change keeper's title to Director of LGBT Center

I bow down to the wisdom in this post. :bowdown: Pos rep!

Well said. This is the best post yet on this entire thread. The internet is a place to experiment with ideas that you might not normally bring up in the real world. No one's internet persona matches their real world persona. At least, it shouldn't.

I wonder if all of you had the same reaction when a certain football player posted that he wanted to blow up the campus? I don't even know where I stand on keeper and telling his boss, but the internet can be the real world when your persona is known. It is just not that black and white to say that people should be able to spew whatever they want without ever expecting any consequences, especially when they work for the university on a university sponsored site. Just food for thought.

Back