• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keith Olbermann Returning to ESPN?

ESPN has become what they used to mock. However, saying that, they are almost solely responsible for us being able to see almost every Wake Game on TV/internet (football, grateful, BBall, not so much). They made money in a venture where no one thought you could and as such, various regional sports networks were formed (Fox, big Ten, SEC, etc).

I break it down this way. I like the people on the network who appear genuine (SVP, Melrose, Levy, etc). The people who are doing schtick are the reason to hate the network.

That's a good breakdown.

Maybe it's just because of Wipeout, but I really enjoy a John Anderson appearance on SportsCenter too.

I can't believe that any of you enjoy listening to Dumb and Dumber. I'd even take Cowherd over those two retards.

I think ESPN got criticized a lot recently by other sports media outlets for not citing sources. As a result I'm seeing a lot more of that in their ticker. Yahoo getting much more recognition from them, for example.

Speaking of the west coast guys, which is when I'm usually watching SC, I don't mind Stan. And I used to like Neal. Then I started figuring out why everyone complained about him. Just get to the highlight already, man. It's not about you.

I have to give a Tip-of-the-Hat to College Game Day. 3 hours of fans, bands and cheerleaders and whom ever is waving the Washington State flag in the background every week.

I have to give a Tip-of-the-Hat to College Game Day. 3 hours of fans, bands and cheerleaders and whom ever is waving the Washington State flag in the background every week.

I noticed you didn't mention good analysis or journalism.

I noticed you didn't mention good analysis or journalism.

They pick the favorite 90% of the time. I think Herbstreit explains his position well. As far as journalism, Coaches and players never step outside of the box for on camera interviews. The only journalism done these days is by following players on twitter and reporting the stupid things they say.

Should be interesting. He needs to hone his on camera ability a little more, at least based on his 2012 election appearances.

This should give him a chance to get some work in with an established media personality before the midterms.

The big issue I see is I don't trust a show with Keith Olbermann and Nate Silver to not get political. Olbermann did TV politics for about as long and more recently than TV sports. Most people know Nate Silver from politics. Now it's not the same as having Rush doing NFL but it's close enough to be a risk.

Nate developed PECOTA, was a director a Baseball Prospectus and developed SPI(soccer power index). I don't think he'll have any trouble with sports. ESPN should have him on baseball tonight. I'd love to see what Silver could do with football or hockey.

Back