• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ken Stabler is dead

I saw that earlier then saw that the article was redacted, saying he was alive. Now it's confirmed again?!?

Hated the Raiders back in the day, but he was quite the character, as were a lot of Raiders. His off-field behavior would have made him a pariah had he played in today's NFL, but that was a different era. Of the 2 eras, I kinda prefer that bygone era. And as a little kid, I got to go to the Ghost to the Post game - the most important game of any sport that I've attended. RIP, Snake.

Those 70s Raiders teams had the misfortune to come to prominence right at the end of the Dolphins great run and right at the beginning of the Steelers dynasty. The Snake managed to win one, though. Great clutch player.

Those 70s Raiders teams had the misfortune to come to prominence right at the end of the Dolphins great run and right at the beginning of the Steelers dynasty. The Snake managed to win one, though. Great clutch player.

They were pretty loaded as well. Dalby, Upshaw, Shell on the left side of the OL, Casper, Branch and Biletnikoff catching the ball, and their D was tough with Hendrix playing all over the place. I'd even say 1 of their safeties in particular was too tough.

Studied the game plan by a jukebox while sipping a cold Budweiser . Accurate, cool as a cucumber and lived in the off season in the redneck riviera on the Alabama coast. RIP Snake .

A reminder for all people over 50 years of age to get their screening colonoscopies done. Very unfortunate as this was most likely easily preventable.

Back