• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KenPom 2015-2016: Back on Top: #1 in Luck (1/11)

Finally a game where we got points back in garbage time. Think it's the first time all year.

Another thing to note is our SOS is now up to #4. After this upcoming 3-game stretch, we may climb to #1 there.

Another thing to note is our SOS is now up to #4. After this upcoming 3-game stretch, we may climb to #1 there.

Losing all 3 of them, thereby making our oppos look better, can only help! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

the dwarf twins give millennials a bad name

I like advanced stats, but after the game tonight Ken Pom and his "luck" can eat a bag of dicks.

In other Kenpom news, we're now 5th in bad luck...

I assume we'll be top of his weekly "most unlikely comeback" section.

Yes, second least likely comeback this year so far.

Canisius came back from down 11 with 1:20 left and the other team had the ball. (0.1% chance)

UVA was down 7 with 20 seconds left and we had the ball (0.2% chance)

The comeback actually exceeded the Bill James "safe" lead threshold, and in doing so I believe became one of 5 games or less in the past 30 years to do so.

UNC-Duke 8 points in 17 seconds, and UVA-Miami ACCT game from a few years back comes to mind as two that exceeded it as well.

What about the Duke at Maryland game several years ago? Weren't they down something like 18 with little to go?

What about the Duke at Maryland game several years ago? Weren't they down something like 18 with little to go?

MD was up 10 with a minute to go and lost. BTW, the next year, that team won the NC. Just saying. :drool:

15th anniversary of that game today. They surprisingly replayed that for SVP during SC last night, much to his humorous consternation

Back