• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KenPom 2015-2016: Back on Top: #1 in Luck (1/11)

When is the last time a Wake team played up into the bubble as opposed to played down into the bubble? Most of our tourney teams have been clearly in. Our last one was a question mark but played down to get there.

This is a weird feeling going into conference play.
2009-10 (NCAA) and 2007-08 (miss) come to mind. We were in about the same position with 2-3 non-conference losses as we are now and weren't ranked....so we were a bubble team. A few other years we were about in the same spot but ranked so were "in" but it still felt the same to me. There's plenty of time for us to win early in the ACC schedule and flameout.

Schedule really looks front loaded this year. If we are still in the conversation with four games left we could certainly play ourselves out of it by losing to acc bottom feeders.

When is the last time a Wake team played up into the bubble as opposed to played down into the bubble? Most of our tourney teams have been clearly in. Our last one was a question mark but played down to get there.

This is a weird feeling going into conference play.

Depends what you define as playing up into the bubble. We have quite a few seasons where the expectations were to 'hopefully' make the NCAA's. Those teams usually went one of two ways. Completely play themselves in and off the bubble or play themselves in and turn around ad nearly play themselves out.

The post Duncan teams were the biggest bubble teams we've recently had but couldn't win an ACCT game to make it in.

My definition is starting the season with little to no postseason expectations and being in NCAA projections on Jan 1.

My definition is starting the season with little to no postseason expectations and being in NCAA projections on Jan 1.

Dino's first & last seasons?
Skip's first 2 seasons?

Schedule really looks front loaded this year. If we are still in the conversation with four games left we could certainly play ourselves out of it by losing to acc bottom feeders.

I would look at this the exact opposite. If we can stay viable heading into the second half we have a good chance to finish with a strong run and put ourselves directly into the mix of the NCAA discussion. Strong SOS, Strong second half, a win in the ACC tournament, and I think that the big MO would be on our side on Selection Sunday.

ken pom is so dumb, why? because i said so and it is, next year I'm gonna make up a stat and God will like it, just so everybody knows, you can't get pregnant having anal sex

ken pom is so dumb, why? because i said so and it is, next year I'm gonna make up a stat and God will like it, just so everybody knows, you can't get pregnant having anal sex

Solid post.

Back