• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kentucky loses everyone to draft

Pretty sure spring semester grades matter for the APR for one and dones, just as they would if you lose a transfer in the Spring. If those 7 Kentucky guys stop going to class Kentucky would get a massive APR hit.

You guys act like this is hard to accomplish. It's UK. Not that hard of a school. They just built a dorm exclusively for basketball players even though the ban on athlete-only living space has not been approved by the NCAA. I'm sure UK can figure out a way for its basketball players to pass classes.

From everything I've understood, in the Calipari Era at UK there's been one player that's left early that didn't stick around to finish classes in the spring semester. The rest have. Some (Jodie Meeks, for instance) have been back during the summer for classes even after leaving. Others (Patrick Patterson, Alex Poythress) finished with their degrees in a little over three years.

I wouldn't pretend to say it's the same as taking classes at Wake, but I don't believe it's the same as taking paper classes at UNC either.

Man, imagine how frustrated Poythress must be right about now. I feel bad for the guy.

Ha, I already was. But the hypocrisy of his stances are just comical.

There is no hypocrisy. It is very simple- if Bobby Knight (or one of his minions) does it, it is perfectly acceptable, even laudatory. If anyone else does the exact same thing it is appalling and ruinous to the sport of basketball and to humanity in general.

There is no hypocrisy. It is very simple- if Bobby Knight (or one of his minions) does it, it is perfectly acceptable, even laudatory. If anyone else does the exact same thing it is appalling and ruinous to the sport of basketball and to humanity in general.

Bobby Knight also votes Republican, so your logic holds up.

Harrison twins were in class the day before the press conference. My daughter has class with them, and she texted me that they were there....got her hopes up that maybe they were staying.

I'm guessing that the SNL opening skit this week was written with KY and Calipari in mind but then UK lost that night and UK became Duke.

Harrison twins were in class the day before the press conference. My daughter has class with them, and she texted me that they were there....got her hopes up that maybe they were staying.
Basket Weaving 101?

Man. Elton Brand's email was a long time ago.

Back