• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kentucky vs Indiana

Good for Tom Crean.

Hope Brad Stevens isn't holding out for the IU job. He's not getting it for a long time if things keep going like this.

Meanwhile Butler lost their third straight today to Ball St.... not looking good for an at large....

Good. I wouldn't be sad if UK never won another game (unless they play UNC).

Would Tom Crean have come to WF? Don't remember details but wasn't he in our sights at some point?

When?

I doubt we would have been interested in him when we hired Skip, and he probably wouldn't have been interested in us when we hired [Redacted]. If we had done the interim approach maybe, but in 2008 I am not sure that Marquette wasn't a better job than Wake Forest anyway. At least comparable.

Meanwhile Butler lost their third straight today to Ball St.... not looking good for an at large....

and you know what? Screw him. I like him as a coach but he had no interest in coaching our program. No sympathy.

After last year it'd be pretty foolish to count Butler out, but, yeah, not looking good for Butler. At this point only way they get a bid is if they win the conference.

Loving that I picked Indiana in the basketball pool (like a number of others). Of course one of my other teams was...Kentucky. (Like a number of others.) I hope Indiana can make the tournament.

Would Tom Crean have come to WF? Don't remember details but wasn't he in our sights at some point?

Why would he leavce a Top 5-7 program with a Top 5 recruiting class?

Oh yeah he's paid a lot of money.

Loving that I picked Indiana in the basketball pool (like a number of others). Of course one of my other teams was...Kentucky. (Like a number of others.) I hope Indiana can make the tournament.

The Big Ten pretty much the same as it was last season, except I see IU and Purdue switching places.

Back