• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kevin Sousa

Saw him walking around campus. Dude is huge. Looks like a linebacker or tight end

I like and support Tanner but expect Sousa to start over him eventually, if KS is even close to ready now he needs to play.

Unless he is a Manning-type, it is highly questionable if any true freshman QB should start or even play. Red-shirting, IMO, is more necessary at the QB than any other. It was regrettable that Tanner had to play last season and especially start; but, hopefully it will translate into success this year.

That said, I am anxious to see Sousa play.

Unless he is a Manning-type, it is highly questionable if any true freshman QB should start or even play. Red-shirting, IMO, is more necessary at the QB than any other. It was regrettable that Tanner had to play last season and especially start; but, hopefully it will translate into success this year.

That said, I am anxious to see Sousa play.

Agree on Price.

As Kevin himself has alluded in his open letter to Wake Forest alumni, he intends to Redshirt and make academics his priority off the field and a Championship on. When you finally see this guy you will understand the 'buzz' around him. Such a high caliber person and so much more mature in his goals than your average Joe. You add that to a guy who is just 18 and has a 6'4 and 240 frame with a slingshot of an arm. All the goods are there...just need to remember not to put the horse before the court. He needs polish.

i too have seen Sousa on campus and he will be our version of Daunte Culpepper... A big time QB recruit that turned down offers from major BCS schools like Michigan and Miami to play for us. I don't see him red-shirting.. He will be thrown to the fire and he will respond.. he looks like a red-shirt senior.. The buzz around him from other players i know is that his arm strength is unbelievable and he can run for a big man... He will transform the position.. i hope it happens!

Sousa is very raw and very much a project. I wouldn't expect much out of him, especially initially, and especially with the fucktard we have making up the offensive gameplan.

Sousa is very raw and very much a project. I wouldn't expect much out of him, especially initially, and especially with the fucktard we have making up the offensive gameplan.

He is not "very much a project"...dipshit.

He is not "very much a project"...dipshit.

No reason to get nasty, you cocksucking fuckfaced assmonkey, if you don't want to take my word for it. I remember enough articles when we were recruiting the kid saying just what I said. It's why other bigger named schools were late to the game. That and he has only 2-3 years experience playing football at the most important position in the game. The kid clearly has talent in his legs, can throw the ball a long way, and was good enough to put up some nice numbers in 3A Florida football. That doesn't mean he's going to wow in a BCS conference from Day One. Can his body stand up to the hits from running the ball? Can he improve enough as a passer where he is pretty raw? Will our dipshit OC be able to gameplan to his strengths?

Last edited:
No reason to get nasty, you cocksucking fuckfaced assmonkey, if you don't to take my word for it. I remember enough articles when we were recruiting the kid saying just what I said. It's why other bigger named schools were late to the game. That and he has only 2-3 years experience playing football at the most important position in the game. The kid clearly has talent in his legs, can throw the ball a long way, and was good enough to put up some nice numbers in 3A Florida football. That doesn't mean he's going to wow in a BCS conference from Day One. Can his body stand up to the hits from running the ball? Can he improve enough as a passer where he is pretty raw? Will our dipshit OC be able to gameplan to his strengths?

now THIS is a good message board post.

For those who haven't played football at the college level or coached at the college level, the learning curve that ANY player faces going from high school to college can be compared to that of going from simple math (addition/subtraction) to geometry/trig. There is a huge learning curve that just takes time! Sousa might be a big time talent but in FOOTBALL he can't be a one man show. It's much easier for any TRUE freshmen to be successful when surrounded by numerous great/gifted playmakers around them that can offset this gap of experience. These playmakers essentually act as around the clock 1st rate tutors that correct errors impart because of their abilities as well. If last year proved anything, it showed that we lacked these "tutors" to offset the lack of inexperience. This is why Texas, Florida, and Ohio State "reload" from year to year and schools like Wake "rebuild". The plus side to where we are now under Grobe is that we are rebuilding with "brick" instead of "straw". Process shouldn't take as long and should become more stable throughout the years.

Nice Post BJet, well said.
For those who haven't played football at the college level or coached at the college level, the learning curve that ANY player faces going from high school to college can be compared to that of going from simple math (addition/subtraction) to geometry/trig. There is a huge learning curve that just takes time! Sousa might be a big time talent but in FOOTBALL he can't be a one man show. It's much easier for any TRUE freshmen to be successful when surrounded by numerous great/gifted playmakers around them that can offset this gap of experience. These playmakers essentually act as around the clock 1st rate tutors that correct errors impart because of their abilities as well. If last year proved anything, it showed that we lacked these "tutors" to offset the lack of inexperience. This is why Texas, Florida, and Ohio State "reload" from year to year and schools like Wake "rebuild". The plus side to where we are now under Grobe is that we are rebuilding with "brick" instead of "straw". Process shouldn't take as long and should become more stable throughout the years.

if you don't want to take my word for it. I remember enough articles when we were recruiting the kid saying just what I said. It's why other bigger named schools were late to the game. That and he has only 2-3 years experience playing football at the most important position in the game. The kid clearly has talent in his legs, can throw the ball a long way, and was good enough to put up some nice numbers in 3A Florida football. That doesn't mean he's going to wow in a BCS conference from Day One. Can his body stand up to the hits from running the ball? Can he improve enough as a passer where he is pretty raw? Will our dipshit OC be able to gameplan to his strengths?

Old Board - I take exception to your comments Lectro
New Board -No reason to get nasty, you cocksucking fuckfaced assmonkey,

No no, you hole sucking turd munching ass sniffing wombat...your God damn comments are always laced with bitters ...maybe you should quit eating lead you toxic schmuck.

Yea, I like it better here too...:)

I think the main reason we'd redshirt is because he needs some work on his technique, plus he's probably not ready to start reading college defenses yet. We saw how starting a true freshman looked last season.

Let's see how Price has improved with a year under his belt plus spring practice before we anoint another frosh the starter. Price has a lot of talent. The OL needs to give him time to throw, and the OC needs to design plays that get receivers (including RBs and TEs) open.

Back