• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keys to next year’s FB team

True. Amazing that Wolford was thrown to the wolves the first two years, lost his job, then came back to have a really great Bowl game last year and a fantastic senior year. Usually freshman beat up like Wolford was don't come back and play like he did this year.

It would be awesome if we continue bringing in talent at QB year after year to have players compete for the position, and not have to play so early in their career. We could really see some leadership and consistently steady play out of the position.

Well said. Wolford possesses remarkable mental and physical toughness. I am excited to see Hinton perform because he can create a different set of problems for defenses. But I do not expect to see many QBs as tough as Wolford. Hopefully, future QBs will not have to endure the punishment that he endured in his 1st 2 seasons.

I think we are getting there. RS Junior Hinton, RS Soph Newman, RS Frosh Bowers, Incoming Frosh Hartman.

See if one of our WRs can be ok there? They all have a lot of speed. Maybe Cortez Lewis has enough anger built up from sitting the bench, he could slide over? He's on coverage special teams, so not totally foreign to him.

I feel like aside from Masterson, our coaches had high praise for Deandre Delaney in Spring ball and were very excited about the Tyriq Hardimon commitment (both safeties, pretty sure Delaney is FS - not sure if Hardimon is FS or SS).

See if one of our WRs can be ok there? They all have a lot of speed. Maybe Cortez Lewis has enough anger built up from sitting the bench, he could slide over? He's on coverage special teams, so not totally foreign to him.

Anybody know how serious was Lewis' injury on special teams coverage in the bowl game?

So at safety, we have (in order of experience):

Glenn
Masterson
Dillon
Redd

anyone else?

not bare, but went from a definite strength to needing someone to step up.

Back