• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn Woods

Hammer1

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any reports on him from practice? Hoping he can help us next year!

I don't understand why we recruit so many guards who cannot shoot well. Surely there are some kids out there who can hit free throws and a third of their 3s.

Time to start hyping up our new savior.

He was half decent at UNCC. He will be barely decent at Wake. But our dipshit fans will build him up all year.

He could be good. Has a nice three ball and could end up being above average overall with good coaching, which he'll get from Randolph. I expect more out of both Brandon Childress and Richard Washington though.

I don't understand why we recruit so many guards who cannot shoot well. Surely there are some kids out there who can hit free throws and a third of their 3s.

Think you meant to say that you don't understand why Bz recruited so many guards that can't shoot.

Wilbekin meets your requirements (barely). Woods, Chill, Washington, and BC will probably meet your requirements. Manning is recruiting shooters.

So this good coaching that Childress will provide- can he provide it to any of our current guards?

Think you meant to say that you don't understand why Bz recruited so many guards that can't shoot.

Wilbekin meets your requirements (barely). Woods, Chill, Washington, and BC will probably meet your requirements. Manning is recruiting shooters.

Correction noted.

So this good coaching that Childress will provide- can he provide it to any of our current guards?

It's obviously worked with rondale.
Wilbekin has a very low ceiling. He probably reached his peak freshman year honestly. CMM has never been able to shoot and never will. BC is going to be a great ACC player.
I could see Woods ending up being very good. It all depends on whether he is one-dimensional like Wilbekin or not. Defenders only need to guard Wilbekin on the perimeter because he isn't a threat to do anything else. We'll have to wait and see.

He could be good. Has a nice three ball and could end up being above average overall with good coaching, which he'll get from Randolph. I expect more out of both Brandon Childress and Richard Washington though.

How do you know Childress is a good coach? Is that based on the work he's done with the guards since he's been here?

How do you know Childress is a good coach? Is that based on the work he's done with the guards since he's been here?

Given the talent he has been provided to work with, yeah I'd say he's done a pretty good job.

Great players don't always make great coaches. We've got 2 great former players on the bench are they great coaches? I hope they prove to be, I wish Manning would be so good Kansas might want him if Self hangs it up and Chill is so good he gets the job then, but right now we don't have much to support it. The challenge I think to be a great coach after being a great player is being able to teach players without the talent you had and not getting frustrated when they don't just " get it." When you're really good at something, I think it can be difficult when trying to teach or coach guys that aren't as good. The lone positive is that I think Manning has made a positive impact on Devin and his game, hopefully we start to see it with other guys too. M

Yeah, the data that we have leave quite a bit to be desired in terms of accounting for Chill's supposed impact on guard development. I'm not saying that he's doing a shit job, but there isn't a lot of data that supports the alternative.

He was half decent at UNCC. He will be barely decent at Wake. But our dipshit fans will build him up all year.

You may very well be correct. However, I feel a little differently. He averaged almost 10 a game as a freshman and has had two years to develop and get stronger. FWIW, he was the Gator Aid player of the year in NC his senior year is high school. We will just have to wait and see.

Me again, I still say the biggest problem is a lack of talent. Coaches can try to prepare you and run sets to get you open, but if you can't hit the dam shot, you're lost. Coaches can't shoot free throws, etc. Our team will get better when we get better players.

You may very well be correct. However, I feel a little differently. He averaged almost 10 a game as a freshman and has had two years to develop and get stronger. FWIW, he was the Gator Aid player of the year in NC his senior year is high school. We will just have to wait and see.

So were Swinton and Ty Walker.

Back