• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kim Jong Un's path to roneriness

Liquid Karma

Eat a dick, hackers!
Staff member
Reaction score
Channeling his inner Stalin, Kim Jong Un had his own uncle (and allegedly the 2nd most powerful man in NK) executed yesterday for allegedly plotting to overthrow his government.

Rink

You have to wonder how long the regime can keep hold of power in the modern age?

Can't let Iran bogart all the headlines.

Can't let Iran bogart all the headlines.

I thought it was kind of timely given how conservatives are still worried about the big bad communist boogieman coming to get them.

I thought it was kind of timely given how conservatives are still worried about the big bad communist boogieman coming to get them.

They aren't? But that Muslim, Kenyan guy shook someone's hand to signal the downfall of America and the rise of the new world order...

He's not suicidal but has so many people quaking that no one inside NK can feel safe. One sure way to maintain your power is to just keep killing off the competition. Doing it publicly gets the word out.

So KJU is whacking family members and NK has become a major player in the world meth market. It's like the mafia.

Hadn't heard that Walter White moved to N.K.

Interesting article, thanks 94. I had to laugh at this part:

"A former bicycle smuggler, who defected in 2009, told me the "word on the street" was that when then North Korean president Kim Jong Il "found out about Ice in 2003, he started asking around who had started this, and discovered it was the chemists and learned people in Hamhung. Originally he was going to have them sent up," the trader said, either to concentration camps or remote villages up north, riddled with starvation. But because it would destroy the field of chemistry, Kim Jong Il forgave them. He decided Ice would be called a "strong antibiotic." With the government's blessing, the drug spread.

Read an article this morning that said this is either a signal that his power was waning and that he would be out of power at some point in time (i.e the regime was going to collapse) or that this was a signal he is fully consolidating his power. Sounds to me like analysts have no idea how to read this country.

The whole North Korean regime is like the Brazilian soccer fans who beheaded the referee, morbidly hilarious. Except those Brazillian soccer fans made more sense.

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!

pb-131231-kim-da-01.photoblog900.jpg

Just what North Korea needs. A ski resort.

Back