• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kindles on Amazon Prime Day

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
So I was thinking about finally getting rid of the stack of books by my bed (that I increasingly don't ever get to these days) and going with a Kindle since they are 35% off today.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the paperwhite (8 or 16 GB) vs paperwhite signature (32 GB and a couple other new extras)? I just can't see paying an extra $50 or so for all that space that I'll probably never use but who knows.

never had any space issues with the regular paper white. Thought I’d hate not having a physical book in hand but after four or five years with the Kindle it’s been an excellent purchase. Easy to use and transport and a lot of the books are less expensive to buy (plus directly downloaded immediately).

very cool. just got a an 8GB Paperwhite for $45. got $20 trade in for a 5 yr old kindle fire.
Only reason I did this was this thread. Amazon needs to cut the boards some cash!

Love my paperwhite.

If you are the type, you can find most everything you want on libgen and ensure it formats properly with calibre.

i used to read constantly. as my eyes have gotten worse it just has not been as enjoyable. always seems like i'm in between needing my reading glasses or not. hoping the kindle and adjusting font sizes will help me get back to the joy of it.

Between work and video games I stare at screens practically all day, but still find the paper white to be relaxing enough on the eyes. I love it.

Back