• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kiwanis Club vs. Rotary

Not Kiwanis or Rotary, but I'm a charter member of the Port City Ruritan club down here. We are probably the youngest Ruritan Club in the nation, as we don't have any members older than 35 or so that I know of.

My father is big into the Rotary Club and we traveled to several Rotary International Conventions around the country growing up. It seems to be a great organization.

Damn right. I have a church and family to pay. I shouldn't have to pay for friends, too.

In NC: Rotary has a youth leadership camp with the Center for Creative Leadership and they somehow let me be a counselor one year. Go Rotary.

Not Kiwanis or Rotary, but I'm a charter member of the Port City Ruritan club down here. We are probably the youngest Ruritan Club in the nation, as we don't have any members older than 35 or so that I know of.

My father is big into the Rotary Club and we traveled to several Rotary International Conventions around the country growing up. It seems to be a great organization.

Many Rotary clubs sent their president elect to the Rotary International Convention. Many of these are outside of the US.

We have a mix of Liberals and Conservatives in our Rotary and politics aren't generally discussed.

My wife has been pushing me to increase my outside of work activities. How would one go about meeting people in Rotary or Kiwanis in my area?

My Father-in-law is in Rotary in Richmond if it matters at all.

Back