• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Klondike - Discovery Channel

waketastic

Reaction score
Is anybody else watching this? I happened to see an ad last night right before it aired and figured I'd give it a shot. Came away quite impressed (granted, I didn't expect much going in), but it made for good television. Good acting and production value. Felt almost like an HBO show. Ridley Scott is one of executive producers. Based on actual events. It's a 3 part mini-series (2 hours each episode).

If you didn't catch it, I'd recommend it. It's on discovery, so you know they'll show it another 1,473 times in the next week.

Is anybody else watching this? I happened to see an ad last night right before it aired and figured I'd give it a shot. Came away quite impressed (granted, I didn't expect much going in), but it made for good television. Good acting and production value. Felt almost like an HBO show. Ridley Scott is one of executive producers. Based on actual events. It's a 3 part mini-series (2 hours each episode).

If you didn't catch it, I'd recommend it. It's on discovery, so you know they'll show it another 1,473 times in the next week.

I saw a commercial for it and thought it looked like a Deadwood ripoff.

Rob Stark from Game of Thrones is the star. I passed on watching the premier nonetheless..

I watched the first two parts last night, it was entertaining. Is it based on a Jack London story, or did they just weave his character in for the hell of it?

Robb Stark being the star worried me cause that dude can't act. Thanks for letting us know its worthwhile, I will def catch it On Demand.

I watched the first two parts last night, it was entertaining. Is it based on a Jack London story, or did they just weave his character in for the hell of it?

probs because he's a well known personality of the era, like this guy:

2001_A_Knights_Tale_138.jpg

Yea, the first time I saw the trailer for it on TV, my only thought was "mehh...probably boring". It's well done and way better than most crap on TV right now.

Back