• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Knoxville Tenn

Wakefan77

Reaction score
Wanted to get everyone's input on restaurants in Knoxville Tenn. My son and I are going to be passing through there early afternoon this Friday on the way to Cleveland Tenn. We are looking for a burger/rib type place and have been looking at Calhouns on the river front and it seems to have good reviews. I realize the Vols are playing Kentucky on Saturday night so I'm not sure how busy that area will be. We plan on passing through around 3 p.m. Thanks for your input.

Going to be heading out to Knoxville in December for hockey, thankfully not on a football weekend. I'll take any general recommendations you may have.

Wanted to get everyone's input on restaurants in Knoxville Tenn. My son and I are going to be passing through there early afternoon this Friday on the way to Cleveland Tenn. We are looking for a burger/rib type place and have been looking at Calhouns on the river front and it seems to have good reviews. I realize the Vols are playing Kentucky on Saturday night so I'm not sure how busy that area will be. We plan on passing through around 3 p.m. Thanks for your input.

It will be busy. I went there on a Monday or Tuesday night a few years ago thinking it would be no problem and when I got there Butch Fucking Jones was in the parking lot having just finished up the Coach's Show. Of course it was packed and I was surrounded by people who thought Tennessee was going to win the national championship 13 months before John Currie fired their head coach.

First time I went to Knoxville, ate at King Tuts based on a recommendation from a local. It was very good. However, it seems to have closed earlier this year. I have also been to Tomato Head (pizza) based on tripadvisor reviews, which also was good, though not as memorably good.

(None of these are ribs I know, was just sharing).

First time I went to Knoxville, ate at King Tuts based on a recommendation from a local. It was very good. However, it seems to have closed earlier this year. I have also been to Tomato Head (pizza) based on tripadvisor reviews, which also was good, though not as memorably good.

(None of these are ribs I know, was just sharing).
Thank you all for the insight so far. I'm taking my son to a baseball prospect camp (for college) and we had to pass through Knoxville and just trying to make a trip of it since it's on the way.

I got this rec from a current student at UT: Stock & Barrel 1000%
I went quite a few years ago. Food was good and had a great whiskey selection. Would definitely go again next time I'm in the area.

Stock and Barrel is good. Ye Olde Steakhouse is good. Calhoun's is good. I live outside of Knoxville, let me know if you need anything!

Back