• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kobe King, Chris King's son is leaving Wisconsin

MikeDeac

Reaction score
He is their second leading scorer and has a build similar to his Dad. We should make all efforts to bring this young man home to Wake.

Have you seen the level of transfer Manning has been able to pull in?

Kobe is from Wisconsin and doesn't have much connection with his father. No chance of him coming to Wake.

Last edited:
Chris King and WF have a ... complicated relationship at this point, correct?

He was a hell of a player.

I think Chris has his life back together. He's been in Roanoke, Va for 10 years +/- and is employed.

I met Chris King on several occasions when he played for the Sonics. He was very nice guy and several times left me tickets at the Sonics will call. He had a physic similar to Jordan.

I met Chris king when I was in high school on spring break in mrytle beach. I told him I was coming to wake the next year and he asked me if he could crash in my hotel room . I was like , hell yeah , you can crash in my room- you just dunked on all of Tabacco road! Then he left and never came back- presumably got a better offer !

We don't have a great track record with sons of former NBA players

Aaron McMillian, Chris Ellis, Brandon, Sharone....all mediocre at best

Am I missing anyone?

We don't have a great track record with sons of former NBA players

Aaron McMillian, Chris Ellis, Brandon, Sharone....all mediocre at best

Am I missing anyone?

Miles Overton

He ain't coming to Wake anyway, but not sure how to feel about a guy who "quits" on his team mid-season: can criticize him for bailing on his teammates and school, or applaud him for not trying to fake it if his heart's no longer in it.

I know Chris well. He likes Wake Forest, although I don’t know what may happened in the past

We need to send him to the Caribbean to play some pick up basketball. Has a hurricane come through there recently?

We need to send him to the Caribbean to play some pick up basketball. Has a hurricane come through there recently?

Is this serious? The VI was devastated by two cat 5s in 2017.

Not sure why the media is thinking he's going to transfer, that certainly doesn't seem like a definite. His announcement made no reference to transferring. He just said:

"After talking with my family and friends I have decided that the best step for my future basketball aspirations, as well as my love for the game, is to immediately step away from the University of Wisconsin men’s basketball program”

Obviously transferring is an option (not sure if he'd have to sit out a year but he's only got one year of eligibility left). Maybe I missed some other interview or quote but the kid seems like he just ghosted everyone.

The more likely option IMO is this dude tries out for the NBA draft, realizes he's not gonna catch on with an NBA team, and opts for a higher paying European option vs the NBADL. At least that's how it has gone for a few 2nd leading scores in recent Wiscy history.

Last edited:
Back