• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kobe's wife files for divorce- he had no prenup

Read into his history with Vanessa - she was in high school when they started dating. Apparently her parents strong armed Kobe into marriage without a prenup.

Having had the chance to meet Kobe and then have one of his close friends (Shammond Williams) speak in a class of mine, I can honestly say that I completely changed my view towards him (from thinking he was an arrogant ass to someone who is very nice but seeming lacks social skills). The dude grew up basically without any friends really and his only release was basketball. All he knew growing up was basketball and is one of the most anti-social people ever ("home school effect"). He went from being totally outside the spotlight to front and center, which took him by surprise and he had no clue how to handle it off the court. He'd be in clubs and have his friends introduce him to girls because he had no practice talking to them. The team would go out for dinner and he'd only talk to one person as he did not know how to carry a conversation with a group. Obviously he has gotten better but the guy is very nice. Not going to get into the whole Denver situation.

Anyways, he's probably better off getting away from this crazy chick.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Im a big Kobe fan and this actually helps explain a lot.

Kobe bout to savage the NBA this season w/ robo knees + divorce anger.
Yall thought 03/04 was something? That was just a preview.

Fuck sake. bobknightfan has gone off the deep end, hasn't he? Dementia has unfortunately reared it's ugly head I fear.

Having had the chance to meet Kobe and then have one of his close friends (Shammond Williams) speak in a class of mine, I can honestly say that I completely changed my view towards him (from thinking he was an arrogant ass to someone who is very nice but seeming lacks social skills). The dude grew up basically without any friends really and his only release was basketball. All he knew growing up was basketball and is one of the most anti-social people ever ("home school effect"). He went from being totally outside the spotlight to front and center, which took him by surprise and he had no clue how to handle it off the court. He'd be in clubs and have his friends introduce him to girls because he had no practice talking to them. The team would go out for dinner and he'd only talk to one person as he did not know how to carry a conversation with a group. Obviously he has gotten better but the guy is very nice. Not going to get into the whole Denver situation.

Anyways, he's probably better off getting away from this crazy chick.

I now hate Kobe slightly less...poor dude. That's just tragic

bkf, why are you deleting your posts?

Yep, taking the position that spending four million dollars on a ring....regardless of whose money it is....is an obscenity and a sad commentary on the state of the world today obviously indicates that one's priorities are screwed up and that person has "gone off the deep end and is losing his mind". You are an astute observer, DV7.

For posterity, before the delete.

TALK TO US, BKF. HELP US UNDERSTAND.

Read into his history with Vanessa - she was in high school when they started dating. Apparently her parents strong armed Kobe into marriage without a prenup.

Not sure how they did that but kobe had a huge falling out with his dad about her early on. If I recall his dad wanted them to get a prenup... "It's something that you need have cause when she leaves you add she gonna leave with half."

Not sure how they did that but kobe had a huge falling out with his dad about her early on. If I recall his dad wanted them to get a prenup... "It's something that you need have cause when she leaves you add she gonna leave with half."

She was under 18, in high school, and supposedly her parents pointed out it was statutory rape and then Kobe proposed.

I don't think people understand how prenuptials work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no odom, no phil jackson, no cp3, no wife... kobe's had a rough 2011

I saw this somewhere else, but I can't remember where.

She misunderstood when Kobe came home last week after the CP3 debacle and said "I just got fucked again and there isn't going to be another ring."

Back