• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - ACC Tourney Opener - Pitt/WF - Tuesday 4:30 pm - ACCN

Anybody have an extra 1st session ticket for today that I could pick up around Winston?

Our group is 1 short & I'd like to avoid dealing with a scalper outside of the Coliseum.

I could never pull against Wake but I will not cry if we lose today.

Lilburn would say those 4 Tuesday teams are not really in the ACC Tourney, you know, play-in games aren't real games.

I'm with DCDeac that the expanded ACC tournament means that all ACC tournament wins are not equal - we essentially get rewarded by playing similarly awful teams on Tuesday (instead of playing a top team if there were no byes)

of course, we typically lose anyway

I feel like pulling against Wake in the tournament is really pulling for Wake in the long run. If we were to win two tournament games mannequin might be back for another year.

I've pulled for Wake since the 50's. I have lived through some rotten basketball. (When I was at Wake in the late 60's we went to watch Winston-Salem State just to see what real basketball was like.) But nothing has been as bad as what we have now.

I feel like pulling against Wake in the tournament is really pulling for Wake in the long run. If we were to win two tournament games mannequin might be back for another year.

I've pulled for Wake since the 50's. I have lived through some rotten basketball. (When I was at Wake in the late 60's we went to watch Winston-Salem State just to see what real basketball was like.) But nothing has been as bad as what we have now.

I have to believe he's gone unless he wins 5 games

and he is not winning 5 games

Anybody have an extra 1st session ticket for today that I could pick up around Winston?

Our group is 1 short & I'd like to avoid dealing with a scalper outside of the Coliseum.

Man, slow Tuesday, huh?

Also, you can probably just walk right in.

just lose baby

it’s been a fucking decade, man

kids deserve better, fans deserve better

10 years of bad basketball brought to you by an egomaniacal AD who just wanted to own a loyal fanbase

I tend to lose faith if you can't spell his name right.

Also: What grade source or sauce?

Glad to see the media embrace these accountability standards.

They will be handing them out for free at the GSO Col. Nobody wants to watch this crap.

Line has now moved to WF +1.5 (the game opened at WF -1).

This is not a public game; so, that means that there is sharp money on Pitt. Interesting. Pitt has been terrible for a month (not only has Pitt lost 7 straight, most of those games haven't been close -- average margin of defeat 12 points), but they have had a week off, and this is a revenge spot for the Panthers. Guess the thinking goes that in a game that's expected to be close, WF will find a way to lose. Hard to argue with that logic.

Last edited:
So, with Wake now +1.5 the sentiment is that the players will continue to lack effort.... even at the ACCT.

They will be handing them out for free at the GSO Col. Nobody wants to watch this crap.

Sorry, vtwhat, i turned down 4 free ones from the ACC office yesterday due to client meetings at 4pm and i didn't want to watch the Holefest at 7.

FYI, ACCN is showing the 94 semi win over the Tarholes at 2pm for those that want to relive or suffer the reminder of how things used to be.

we lost the 94 semifinal in excruciating fashion

That's why you don't foul when up by 3.

We win that game a very good chance we could have won 3 ACCT in a row. IIRC the top seed on the other side of the bracket lost.

Watched part of it yesterday....lost in OT ?

Back