• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP - Report Duke Blue Devils - Tuesday ESPN 7 pm

I would hope none of our players would decide to transfer until seeing how the coaches situation plays out.

Do we think it more likely we will see transfer(s) if
Manning is retained, or
Manning is replaced?
If he is replaced I hope the players give the new coach a chance to re-recruit them...

Players sometimes leave when a new coach comes in. Not saying Chaundee will do that. And I have zero inside info. Just always a chance.

AIR, 3 kids left after Biz was fired. Obviously depends on who is hired and how quickly it happens.

I get the impression that prime candidates have already been evaluated by 2nd/3rd party folks....this won't take long.

I'm really starting to sour on Mucius. The kid needs to stop shooting and be a lot more selective with his shot selection.

In his past 20 games, he's 36-136 (26%) overall, and 7-47 (15%) from 3.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he's lost us games, necessary, but in tight games it doesn't help that he's going 1-for-8 (@ Duke), 2-for-8 (Gardner-Webb), or 0-for-7 (@ Georgia Tech).

Given our dearth of talent, I certainly expected more.

He reminds me of Ari Stewart but with a positive attitude. His shot selection is awful but that’s coachable. His shooting fundamentals are fine and the effort and tools are there on defense. If he gets stronger this offseason (I’m all for cleaning house but any new coach should strongly consider keeping Ryan Horn) and we get a coach who can simplify the game for him, he could be a really solid contributor next year.

Chaundee Brown reminded me never ever give up on my Deacs.

Brandon Childress, aside from the last play, torched the greatest defender in ACC history (not), Tre Jones, in second half.

Announcers said Ikenna Smart, with Buffalo last year in the tournament, gave DeAndre Ayton fits. Interesting.

Chaundee Brown reminded me never ever give up on my Deacs.

Brandon Childress, aside from the last play, torched the greatest defender in ACC history (not), Tre Jones, in second half.

Announcers said Ikenna Smart, with Buffalo last year in the tournament, gave DeAndre Ayton fits. Interesting.

It's very difficult to rebound Smart's shots because they hit the rim with a lot of force at odd angles.

Some of the calls last night were incredible. Anyone catch towards the end of the game, when it was clear Duke had thrown a pass off Reddish, yet the ref immediately called it off Wake until another one stepped in and reversed the call? Not to mention Barrett's multiple traveling violations and an up and down.

Some of the calls last night were incredible. Anyone catch towards the end of the game, when it was clear Duke had thrown a pass off Reddish, yet the ref immediately called it off Wake until another one stepped in and reversed the call? Not to mention Barrett's multiple traveling violations and an up and down.

The inconsistencies were the most frustrating. Refs generally let them play except for a random 5-7 minute stretch. Which also coincided with duke being down 10. Weird.

Don't guess you saw Brandon possibly get away with a travel on his final shot. It was real close. Or the player control call against Duke that they called but was definitely missed with about a minute to go. And yes the announcers also said that one was missed. So yes officials do miss calls all during the game, certainly. They are human. I would say they missed a key out of bounds call late that went Duke's way. But we were also 7-12 from the charity stripe so that is 5 misses. Duke missed 10 from the FT line so that is 10 misses. And we both missed 15 & 16 three point attempts. Happens guys. They don't miss calls on purpose any more than the payers miss shots or turn the ball over on purpose! That is sports!

I’ve been told that Manning didn’t think he had any timeouts left for the last play. He had 2. Microcosm of Bozo’s 5 years.

IF Manning had a timeout, not taking it probably resulted in Brandon taking the worst possible shot. Wake did not need a three to win.

I would bet that with 7 seconds left, the ball under your own basket, and a one point deficit, that 99.0% of the coaches in the NCAA would have taken a timeout and designed a play to drive the ball to the basket. This would be a better percentage chance of making a two pointer or drawing a foul. Instead, Wake ran a play away from the basket and jacked up an off-balanced three. A three was the worst shot under the conditions and the blame is entirely on Manning.

If you go back and look at the tape, when Duke's Jack White made the bone-head play and gave us a chance, Randolph immediately turned to Manning and signaled for Manning to call a timeout. Of course, Manning ignored him and we now see the results.

Also, Dino Gaudio had the exact same situation against Duke at the Joel and he called a timeout, set up a play on the baseline, and James Johnson made a layup to win the game. He did not allow Ish Smith to jack up a three point shot.

Manning has to go!

We shoot pretty poorly from 2 feet in, just saying.

Back