• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - L'ville Cardinals - Wednesday 9 pm - ESPN2

Pilchard

Reaction score
The ESPN Bigwigs picked the WF @ L'ville matchup as the only Deacon ACC game that ESPN or ESPN2 is televising this season (the March 2 contest at Chapel Hill has the option of getting picked up as well, but in light of how both WF/UNC are struggling, think ESPN may pass on that one).

Here is the rundown on the Cards:

This season: L'ville stands at 19-3 and first place in the ACC at 10-1. They reached a high of #1 in the KP ratings in early December, and a low of #10 last week. The Cards currently sit at #8. Because the ACC blows, L'ville has only two top 50 wins: #26 Michigan (by 15), #2 Duke (on the road by 6). L'ville lost to #22 Texas Tech (by 13), #37 KY (by 8 in OT) and #21 FSU (by 13 at home). L'ville hasn't lost since January 4 (8 straight wins) and has pounded its last 3 opponents: Clemson by 18, BC by 17, and State by 20. L'ville is 12-1 at home, and 9 of those wins have by double digits. When L'ville plays a weak opponent, they dismantle them.

Offensive and defensive trends in conference games (rankings are out of the 15 teams in the ACC): L'ville is the #3 ACC team in offensive efficiency Their strength is shooting the 3. The Cards rank first in the conference in 3 point % in ACC games (45%), and 37% (#3) of their offense comes from behind the arc. They also like to crash the offensive boards rebounding 32% (#3) of their missed shots in conference play. L'ville struggles to score from in the paint in conference games, shooting only 46% (#14) from 2 in ACC games; the Cards also are prone to TOs, turning it over on 19% of their offensive positions. Defensively, the Cards are solid defending the paint, holding opponents to 44% (#3) on their two point shots, but they also have been good at defending 3 point shots, limiting ACC opponents to 31% (#4) from deep. Important to WF, L'ville doesn't foul often (#4 in opponents FTA per FGA). L'ville does not force a lot of TOs on D (17% - #10).

Lineup: In Saturday's game at State, the Cards started: 6-0 Lamarr Kimble (St. Joe's transfer), 6-2 Darius Perry, 6-5 Dwayne Sutton (UNCA transfer), 6-7 Jordan Nwora and 6-10 Stephen Enoch (UCONN transfer) and 4 additional players saw at least 14 minutes of action: 6-0 Ryan McMahon (hit 7 threes against State; hit 4 against WF last year), 6-5 David Johnson, 6-7 Samuell Williamson, 6-11 Malik Williams. Nwora is their star and leading scorer (he has scored in double figures against every opponent except KY and Duke; scored 32 against FSU). All 9 in the Cards rotation can hit the 3 with McMahon (45%), Nwora (43%) and Perry (41%) being the most dangerous.

Bottom line: Bad matchup for the Deacs. KP projects a 78-63 L'ville win giving WF an 8% chance at the upset. If WF stays healthy, think this will be the only non-competitive game the rest of the way (yes, that includes Duke's February 25 visit to LJVM). The last two seasons, L'ville beat WF by 19 and 28 (you know Dino loved walking out of the Joel with a 82-54 win). So, this hasn't been a great matchup for WF in recent meetings. Defensively, WF has try to take away the 3 point shot; offensively, the Deacs need Sarr to be the best big man on the court, and for the rest of the Deacs to hit open shots when the Cards collapse. Even if WF executes, L'ville just has too many weapons to win. Ryan McMahon is the kind of player that just destroys Wake Forest; fully expect him to have a 6 for 8 from 3 point land type of game for the Cards. Deacs lose handily. Dino tries to keep the s*** eating grin off his face in the post-game handshake line.

Last edited:
I predict Louisville will score a lot and we will score a lot less.

There are a lot of winnable games still left on the schedule.

This is not one of them.

We'll probably drop the next two in ugly fashion... But after that, there are three games in a row that feel ~50/50.

Could Danny save his job w/ a mini-run as we near the end of the season? Let's hope not.

I suspect Mack and Gaudio enjoy beating Wake Forest as much as anyone on their schedule. Fortunately, I won't need to explain why Wake gets thumped to my UL friends and neighbors. I've been consistent in my appraisal of Deacon basketball for nine of the past ten years. I expect another year of condolences.

Thanks Wellman.

There are a lot of winnable games still left on the schedule.

This is not one of them.

We'll probably drop the next two in ugly fashion... But after that, there are three games in a row that feel ~50/50.

Could Danny save his job w/ a mini-run as we near the end of the season? Let's hope not.

:rulz:Facepalm:panda::sick::cliffs::(:tear::fu::bullshit:

You heard it here first … Wake Forest beats Louisville!!

In tennis this spring.

My prediction
7bd3ac7d6e8eefb1ca623b64a190cb0c.gif

I'll be watching the Masked Singer.

I seriously don't get that show and why people watch it. Totally understand why people watch the bachelor, hot girls acting crazy and slutty, but b list celebrities singing while singing in super weird costumes? Don't get it and I have multiple friends who watch it.

Thanks to the Super Bowl I saw that for the first time. I thought it was about the judges guessing who was signing but I guess the singers are trying to 'win'?

Thanks to the Super Bowl I saw that for the first time. I thought it was about the judges guessing who was signing but I guess the singers are trying to 'win'?

Same for me. I didn’t know it was a competition.

Can't wait for the 'Masked Dancer' coming to Fox in the Spring.

I actually thought if someone guessed the singer they would be immediately unmasked.

We'll all be doing that Louisville "L" hand sign tonight.

Only question is how many weird lineups Danning employs in a 30 point beatdown.

And what costumes will the singers be wearing.

Rank in order what you'd prefer to watch: 1-Golden Girl Reruns, 2- Documentary on the migration habits of the fruit fly, 3- A show on basket weaving, 4-Bob Ross painting a bunch of "happy" trees and clouds, or 5- Us vs. Louisville tonight?

I have no idea what I'd rank list 1 to 4, but I do know that #5 would stay #5.

Back