• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Miami Hurricanes Round 3 - Tuesday noon - ESPN

Like Zion, Sarr and Spivey don't want to jeopardize the millions in endorsement deals that are waiting for them after the season.

Sarr probably wants to stay away from being abused by some guy from Chad who put up his first career double-double against him in the first matchup. Koumadje had 20 points on 10/12 shooting with 12 rebounds in just 24 minutes. Sarr went for 5 and 5 that day.

Little "c", not capital "C". I'm pretty confident the game is being played in the coliseum I can see.

My bad. I just assume that term refers to Greensboro. The Spectrum Center will be just about as empty as Greensboro at noon tomorrow.

Sarr probably wants to stay away from being abused by some guy from Chad who put up his first career double-double against him in the first matchup. Koumadje had 20 points on 10/12 shooting with 12 rebounds in just 24 minutes. Sarr went for 5 and 5 that day.

How the hell did Sarr go from weak to little baby weak? Arrggghhhh....

I don't have a KP subscription at the moment but based on ratings, KP favors Pitt over BC, ND over GT, and Miami over WF

If I had to put money on those games, and I don't, I would go the opposite route for all 3

FWIW,

Question, unrelated to the ACC Tournament but related to Torry Johnson's future: Torry came to Wake this past offseason as a grad-transfer. Due to an injury during the 2016-2017 season, he should be able to receive a sixth-year of eligibility. Since he already was a grad transfer, is he locked into being at Wake for his 6th season, or can he be a two-time grad transfer and change schools without sitting out again?

Thinking I'll take a long lunch and pop uptown tomorrow despite despising everything about our basketball program right now. Will be cool to tell my son he saw Wake play in the tourney back in 2019, and who knows it could be another 11 years until the tourney is back in town again.

Plus with general admission, nothing stopping me from sitting behind our bench and heckling Danny every time there's a period of dead silence in the arena.

I just checked, and if you assume there are 6 power conferences in hoops, Ken Pom has us DFL at 164. Stanford is next at 113.

Thanks, Ron.

And to clarify, that means a Wake player did not even get a single vote in any of the categories listed. We are the only ACC team to accomplish that honor.

I just checked, and if you assume there are 6 power conferences in hoops, Ken Pom has us DFL at 164. Stanford is next at 113.

Thanks, Ron.

Not exactly correct. Of the teams in the top 5 conferences (Big 10, Big 12, ACC, SEC Big East), WF is DFL, and Vandy is next closest at 150. FWIW, Vandy is the first team to go winless in SEC play since the 1950s.

Normally, the Power 6 conferences includes the Pac 12, which is dreadful this year. Washington State (#204) and Cal (#247) are the worst of the Power 6 conference teams and both are rated lower than WF.

The Pac 12 is so bad that it's #7 conference in the conference ratings. The AAC is rated higher. In that conference, there are two teams, ECU (#269) and Tulane (#293) worse than WF.

So, to keep the narrative on how badly WF sucks, lets just limit it to the top 5 conferences, and WF is the worst in that grouping. Even worse than 0-18 in the SEC Vandy.

Last edited:
And to clarify, that means a Wake player did not even get a single vote in any of the categories listed. We are the only ACC team to accomplish that honor.

That's not true.

eta: the cut-off for All-ACC Honorable Mention is 10 votes. It's possible that Brandon (or someone else) garnered a single vote. Likewise, votes aren't released for All-Defensive Team or All-Freshman team after the top five vote-getters.

Last edited:
I would have guessed we would be ranked higher than Vandy. I see Vandy is right above Texas in the bottom 10 of the “luck” category.

Boise State having an unprecedented unlucky season. Unluckiest season of the kenpom era. (Based on a quick review)

This goes along with what I heard from a sports talk guy on the radio last week. He said that Manning should get an extension on his contract this year because he managed to win four games with a talentless team.

This goes along with what I heard from a sports talk guy on the radio last week. He said that Manning should get an extension on his contract this year because he managed to win four games with a talentless team.
A talentless team with two starters w kansas offers?

Back