• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Notre Dame - Saturday 4 pm - LJVM - RSN

The key to the game came at 8:53 in the second half when Manning put Sarr, Brown, Mucius, Neath and Childress on the court together with the Deacs leading 58-57. The two teams went back and forth for 2+ minutes until the Deacs went ahead for good 62-61. Manning kept this group on the floor until 1:39 remained in the game, when he substituted White for Mucius with the Deacs ahead 76-68. This group, that started the Duke game, outscored ND 18-11 for 7:14 down the stretch. The coaching staff discovered the best unit for this team and trusted them when it counted. Better late than never.

Last edited:
This fan base is aching for a reason to get excited again. I've gone to most of the games this year and the last two home games have had an above average atmosphere.

I'm really happy for the guys. We followed up an emotional win against a top 10 team and won on senior night.

Man, that game had some amazing moments. Run and gun, good decision making, good plays on both ends of the court.

The attendance was 8870 keeping the season average under 7000, by far the lowest in the history of the Joel.

Sarr with 30/17 and Brown with 15/10 have become good ACC players.

Deacs with 18 assists on 27 field goals. Neath keeps the ball moving and his absence on the court shows with a lack of ball movement.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that Manning put his best team on the court down the stretch and stayed with it. I don't remember that happening before. No Johnson as well? Somebody on the coaching staff gets it and has stepped up big time.

It's good to see the team play up to their potential and to see smiles on their face. This should have happened long ago.

Last edited:
Granted this was the most I’ve watched us all year but Neath’s patience and court vision were spectacular. He looked so comfortable penetrating the zone and making the right pass. I know he didn’t score much but you can work with him as your PG.

And goes without saying but Sarr looked so effortless out there.

Because of all the shit over the past three years, I bet a lot of people have forgotten that at the FIBA U19 Championships, the summer before his frosh year, Sarr was selected as the best NBA prospect by the writers.

I told everyone here that he was going to be 3 and done...Hope I’m wrong and he comes back. He could sign a very nice euro contract this offseason if he wants.

If we win one of the last two and get a first round ACC win, he's so back for another year.

The attendance was 8870 keeping the season average under 7000, by far the lowest in the history of the Joel.

Sarr with 30/17 and Brown with 15/10 have become good ACC players.

Deacs with 18 assists on 27 field goals. Neath keeps the ball moving and his absence on the court shows with a lack of ball movement.

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that Manning put his best team on the court down the stretch and stayed with it. I don't remember that happening before. No Johnson as well? Somebody on the coaching staff gets it and has stepped up big time.

It's good to see the team play up to their potential and to see smiles on their face. This should have happened long ago.

People this is the problem. Johnson wasn't playing because he was hurt, not because DM finally realized he was an anchor. I will almost guarantee our comeback against dook was after Johnson was hurt and he didn't play the rest of that game.

This is DM's coaching method.

Sarr starts season slow. Benches him and has him come off the bench. Continues to do that because he played well coming off the bench. Kept doing it, because he thought the key was having him come off the bench.

Johnson get's hurt, can't play, we have two of our best wins of the year.

DM is just randomly falling into things that work, he's not thinking them through and making changes.

We suddenly have 5 players on the court that can actually score. It's not that hard to see why we are doing better, we have more offense and better defense on the floor.

Probably randomly avoided the freshman wall, by refusing to play the freshmen as well.

DM is a fricking genius.

I told everyone here that he was going to be 3 and done...Hope I’m wrong and he comes back. He could sign a very nice euro contract this offseason if he wants.

If he comes back next year and plays well, he's a first round NBA pick. Very, very few rookies get paid that well in Europe.

If he comes back next year and plays well, he's a first round NBA pick. Very, very few rookies get paid that well in Europe.

He'd be well served to come back. He'd have some spotlight on him and preseason hype.

Didn't Dinos sign a 2 year 2mil contract? If Dinos can make a million a year in Greece then Sarr should be able to find an even better contract.

He'd be well served to come back. He'd have some spotlight on him and preseason hype.

Didn't Dinos sign a 2 year 2mil contract? If Dinos can make a million a year in Greece then Sarr should be able to find an even better contract.

The Greek league pays better.

say what you will about Manning, but most big men that he's coached have gotten better during their time at Wake

say what you will about Manning, but most big men that he's coached have gotten better during their time at Wake

In that case, let’s run a 5 in. It’s like 5 out, but instead of everyone on the perimeter, they’re all in the paint! We would get an absurd amount of paint touches!

There appears to be a game plan that includes an offense running through Sarr and Some team chemistry

Unless I’ve missed something, all of them are playing pro ball.

If we win one of the last two and get a first round ACC win, he's so back for another year.

First back-to-back ACC wins for Danny IN 3 SEASONS. :dumb:

13th/14th place hasn't saved his job. If he wins 5 games in 5 days and the ACCT for the automatic NCAAT bid, then he's back for another year.

Back