• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on the Army Black Knight USMA

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch the game, but it seems like this team is finding it’s rhythm. Honestly can remember the last time we had a string of blowouts. Quite surprised after the first few games I watched this season. Great to see Manning get it under control, to some degree (we will see).

Noticed Moore had another great game, incredible. What is the opinion on why only 21 minutes? It didn’t seem foul related.

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch the game, but it seems like this team is finding it’s rhythm. Honestly can remember the last time we had a string of blowouts. Quite surprised after the first few games I watched this season. Great to see Manning get it under control, to some degree (we will see).

Noticed Moore had another great game, incredible. What is the opinion on why only 21 minutes? It didn’t seem foul related.

It was mostly foul-related. He picked up two in the span of 70 seconds...I believe it was at the beginning of the second half.

Yeah he had one at the half and then three at the 18:50 mark if the second half. Also( our second unit balled out in the first half when he was out so that contributed as well.

Great run after Crawford goes to the bench after tech.

Mainly that stopped the dreaded Manning 4 guard line-up.

Way to take one for the team, Craw.

Wasn’t able to watch the game. Manning’s not really still doing the four guard thing, is he? Please be joking.

Watched on delay. Nice finish after a shitty start to the 2nd half.

Another missed Crawford dunk. He has to be Wake’s all-time leader.

Wilbekin drove too much and missed wide open 3s early.

Moore is a beast. My concern is he will get called for a ton of fouls in conference play.

Was happy to hear Stan Lewter on the broadcast... Hope they let him out of that phone booth or wherever they had him broadcasting from.

Above post was too negative. I thought we played well. They hit some shots, but they run a good offense. Refs were whistle-happy, but that helped us in the 1st half. Good game from role players like Thompson and Chill. We missed Brown a bit on D, for sure.

Time for a break before the schedule gets more difficult.

Offense seems to be firing on all cylinders at the moment. D still needs work. But did break Army's string of winning when scoring 80 or more.

Moore is a beast. My concern is he will get called for a ton of fouls in conference play.

Was happy to hear Stan Lewter on the broadcast... Hope they let him out of that phone booth or wherever they had him broadcasting from.

Yeah, no shit! sounds like he's using a mic on a cell phone or something. It's that way every broadcast. It's a puzzler!

It's amazing how only the negative plays for Crawford are mentioned. What percentage of Moore's dunks are set up so well by Crawford?

I realize we aren't playing great teams, but during our 5 game win streak his shooting 55.8/37.5/87, but people here rarely mention any of this.

It's because Crawford is generally playing well that his bonehead occasions stand out. And because they aren't little, subtle things, but big obvious things like the missed dunk when a made layup would have been just fine.

It's because Crawford is generally playing well that his bonehead occasions stand out. And because they aren't little, subtle things, but big obvious things like the missed dunk when a made layup would have been just fine.

And getting a technical for jawing after his shot got blocked.

RJ, it comes with expectations. He is expected to be our best player and leader. He started the year pretty poorly, not providing leadership and continuing to make the same crushing mistakes with TOs and bad decisions that he's made since he got here.
Thankfully, he's been getting more steals and shooting FT at an absurd rate. Otherwise, he's statistically flat in all categories or even underperforming from last year.
We need more from him if we're going to salvage this year, apparently his last.

It's been this way the entire time he's been here. Missing a dunk in a blowout is a non-event. The worst part of it will be the amount of shit he'll get from his teammates making fun of him. But on this board it's a major problem. It's nothing and shows nothing. All it is one missed shot.

It's been this way the entire time he's been here. Missing a dunk in a blowout is a non-event. The worst part of it will be the amount of shit he'll get from his teammates making fun of him. But on this board it's a major problem. It's nothing and shows nothing. All it is one missed shot.

RJ Logic.

It is an event and not an event.
It is nothing but also something.

Makes sense.

He missed that bunny when we were up 10 and later they had a 3 rim out that would have cut the lead to 2. We went on a huge run but that isn't the point.

There will come a time this season where a missed dunk will cost us a game when a layup would have worked just fine.

meh - missed dunks don't bother me at all. Players miss shots and layups all the time.

The only Craw play that bothered me was his no-look pass into three defenders. It came right after his look-off pass for Donovan dunk. Everyone once in a while, he tries the overly dramatic play rather than just playing. This is what's frustrating. No need for that or the lapses into hero ball. But honestly, I'll take those frustrating moments, b/c BC playing with swagger is a much bigger net positive for us than otherwise.

On the T, I have no idea of what BC actually said, but his reaction wasn't that over the top, especially with the other guy woofing at him. Must have been content more than expressiveness that earned him the T.

RJ Logic.

It is an event and not an event.
It is nothing but also something.

Makes sense.

You need a rudimentary reading comprehension course. I said it was a non-event. I never said anything else.

One missed shot in a game is nothing.

It's amazing how only the negative plays for Crawford are mentioned. What percentage of Moore's dunks are set up so well by Crawford?

I realize we aren't playing great teams, but during our 5 game win streak his shooting 55.8/37.5/87, but people here rarely mention any of this.

I am a big Crawford fan. I just thought it was funny that he missed another dunk. He misses so many that it is comical. That’s all. Nothing else to read into the comment.

I am a big Crawford fan. I just thought it was funny that he missed another dunk. He misses so many that it is comical. That’s all. Nothing else to read into the comment.

In general, any Craw TO is the end of the world to the board but Doral leading the nation in FG% has nothing to do with Craw to most of the internet warriors here.

Now think about JC's efficiency, again, to many on the board, it had little to nothing to do with Craw.

There are two serious factors in the success of our interior that are ravaged on the board - Danny's coaching schemes that create the easy shots and Craw's ability to get them and himself in position to execute the plan.

In general, any Craw TO is the end of the world to the board but Doral leading the nation in FG% has nothing to do with Craw to most of the internet warriors here.

Now think about JC's efficiency, again, to many on the board, it had little to nothing to do with Craw.

There are two serious factors in the success of our interior that are ravaged on the board - Danny's coaching schemes that create the easy shots and Craw's ability to get them and himself in position to execute the plan.

That's a fair observation.

The maddening thing about Crawford is the exceptionable talent he possesses yet the carelessness that he lapses into from time to time. It's almost like he cannot sustain intense attention to the details. But, he is the most talented player on our team and when he is on, he is a pleasure to watch.

Back